DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 12/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Heel CM Punk was a nice tease for the future…I hope.

The MJF promo was amazing. I died laughing at the he totally scored with lots of chicks line…so reminds me of some of the guys I went to high school with.

I thought the battle royale was good and I liked the swerve but it’s still weird for me for it to end with two people. I’d prefer it in the future if the previous years winner was just automatically in the match and there was one winner of the battle royale.

It looked like Jamie Hayter broke Riho in half with that back breaker. But I thought it made Hayter look weak to get put down by a knee like that from a 90lb girl that survived offensive moves that looked a lot more violent. I would have preferred some kind of flash pin/roll up to better protect her.

I was surprised Malakai Black spit the mist into Julia Hart’s eyes was surprising…I wonder if there’s going to be a storyline out of that. The announcers were talking about it being corrupting at one point. It’ll probably just set up a match but it’d be interesting if they used it to turn her heel.

It will be very interesting to see Hook wrestle for the first time.

Heel Bryan Danielson is amazing. His destruction of the Dark Order was a lot of fun.

• Like 1

So there’s a theory floating around that AEW has licensed War Machine by KISS for Hook’s entrance music. Because Mikey Rukus said he was in the middle of making a theme for him, and then something very cool happened.

EDIT: Nope, but his theme is actually by…

Spoiler

Action fucking Bronson!

Edited by Casey
  • Like 7

I am officially on the Acclaim bandwagon.  Just enjoy them every time they come out.  Good in ring work, great promos. 

Another fun night of wrestling - I loved the MJF video. It was just funny.  Sue returning was fun.  Santana, Ortiz and Kingston together - yes please. 

I realized that a year later neither Mox, Omega, or Jericho are on next week. Heck right now Sting and Allin are not slated to be on either. And it is going to be really ok. Not because they are no longer with AEW but it shows to the depth. 

I am huge Survivor fan and I totally forgot it was on tonight. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

So there’s a theory floating around that AEW has licensed War Machine by KISS for Hook’s entrance music. Because Mikey Rukus said he was in the middle of making a theme for him, and then something very cool happened.

EDIT: Nope, but his theme is actually by…

Hide contents

Action fucking Bronson!

They're really going to push him. I am so full of joy. 

45 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Punk promo may have had two too many Islander digs but it was a fun embracing of the heel moment and featured the good laugh: ‘he’s not even as good as Piper in Hell comes to frogtown’.  

I'm still mad they didn't let MJF respond with a reference to what's up with the Blackhawks (which is a million times worse than the Isles being terrible)

• Like 2

Great show. Enjoyed the opening Punk promo, fun seeing him heel it up again for a night. Wasn't expecting the crowd to be quite THAT pro-MJF but they were hot for sure. Battle royal was fun. They had me convinced Dante was going ahead with Team Taz so I wasn't expecting the swerve to still happen like that. 

the Bucks/Best Friends tag exceeded expectations and was unexpectedly awesome. Amazing near fall off Romero's backslide towards the end. Great post-match and good to see Trent finally back. Got to give the people what they want! I was hoping they were gonna announce Cody/Sammy for next week. Looking forward to it even though they telegraphed Ethan/Scorpio interference.

Riho/Hayter was absolutely awesome. Hayter looked like a star and Riho always delivers every time. This was stiff with some brutal bumps. Didn't mind the finish at all coming after the sick super crucifix. Excellent match.  Solid main event and closing. 

Sad they seemingly abandoned the 2/3 falls stip for FTR/Lucha Bros that was supposed to originally happen. I love how stacked all these cards always end up looking and now they give us Hook on top of it all. 

• Like 3

It makes you wonder why so many more people turned up for this than Raw in the same building, since they couldn't really give a shit about anything that happened. Anywhere else, the roof would have blown off for that main.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

All I caught was the piledriver and the sugar hold, but that was pretty awesome. How much of a dick move is it to knock somebody out with a piledriver and then try to wake them up with the most painful submission ever? 

Dickhead Danielson's the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

It looked like Jamie Hayter broke Riho in half with that back breaker. But I thought it made Hayter look weak to get put down by a knee like that from a 90lb girl that survived offensive moves that looked a lot more violent. I would have preferred some kind of flash pin/roll up to better protect her.

Hayter got dumped onto her head after an Avalanche Crucifix Bomb that was nearly botcherific.  The double knees were just flourish.  I had no problems with Riho winning in that manner other than the idea that Hayter probably should've won the match after hitting Koko B Ware's Ghostbuster perfectly.

Hayter only looks weak if you only take Riho's weight into consideration.  I think it make's Hayter look strong because she just took a former AEW Womens Champion and the current #1 contender to the limit.  Britt Baker doesn't even have a win over Riho,(yet). Rebel & Britt constantly cheating to help Hayter transition to advantage is what made Jamie look weak. 

I am sure that Fuego will make Hook look like a million bucks on Rampage.

Diamond Battle Royal swerves were great even though it may have been a little too early to turn Dante back to a face in under a month, especially considering the slow burn of the teased Wardlow face turn that has been going on for over a year.

It was also awesome to see Trent return to action.  He looks like he's in the best shape of his life and he really should keep his head shaved.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

So it would seem Hayt Club is growing. Let the Hayt flow through you. She may be better than Rosa in the ring. Let her cut some promos during the Britt breakup and see how she can handle it. When she's spoken so far she's done well. 

I love Nyla, but Hayter is a better monster heel, and so much younger.

The only act I didn't care for tonight was Bunny/Penelope WWE shtick.

34 minutes ago, alstein said:

I love Nyla, but Hayter is a better monster heel, and so much younger.

I referred to Rosa, as in Thunder, who I think is the best in-ring worker they have in the women's division. Hayter smokes Nyla outta the water and she's nearing Thunder's level.

• Like 1