DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 12/8/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Here's the announced card so far!

Young Bucks vs Chaotic Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Rocky Romero): good call waiting for JR to be off before putting Chucky back in wrestling gear!

Jamie Hayter, leader of The Hayt Club, vs Riho, who is obviously too small to be believable: this is going to be an awesome big vs little match!  As I was writing their names, I was really struck by how she doesn't spell it "Jaymie."  Maybe that would be a little too much.

Dynamite Dozen Diamond Dynamic Dudes Battle Royal: Every year, I forget that the rule is this goes to two people, who then work a regular match for the ring later (next week at Winter is Coming, in this case).  Do they seriously let MJF win again because the ring is his gimmick?  I'm thinking he loses to heat up the angle with Punk.  AND THEN I'd make a series of vignettes where he commissions his own, better ring, and they'd look and feel like the old DiBiase vignettes for the creation of the Million Dollar Belt.  Really, the world needs MJF walking into a jeweler's shop wearing a cape and shouting, "I'M HERE!"

Bryan Danielson gets to kick in John Silver's head this week: should be a good match!

Probably more to come!

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

God, I wish I could find that old Jericho WCW promo where he said "God I'm glad I left. Canada sucks!" as it seems apropos.

Did that actually happen in WCW? Jericho was on the way out the door for the 1999 Nitro in Toronto. When else did WCW do TV in Canada when Jericho was on the roster?

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Did that actually happen in WCW? Jericho was on the way out the door for the 1999 Nitro in Toronto. When else did WCW do TV in Canada when Jericho was on the roster?

It was that Toronto Nitro.  The one with the Goldberg-Bret Steel Plate incident.  

I'd never seen anyone turn 100% of a crowd that was there to cheer him on, with one sentence.  MJF can probably catch that lightning in a bottle again tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It was that Toronto Nitro.  The one with the Goldberg-Bret Steel Plate incident.  

I'd never seen anyone turn 100% of a crowd that was there to cheer him on, with one sentence.  MJF can probably catch that lightning in a bottle again tonight.

I was there....I totally forgot Jericho had a segment on that show lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

I was there....I totally forgot Jericho had a segment on that show lol

I think Christian cut a similar promo ironically around the time of his feud with Jericho where he basically said something to the extent of "I'm so happy I left Toronto for a much better place, Tampa." I think he even for a few weeks had Chimel announce him from Tampa, FL. 

• Like 1

Although I wouldn't bet money on it, it would be really cool to get someone showing up tonight who was on a different show last night. When was the last time something even similar happened? I know there was Rick Rude, which was forever ago...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Although I wouldn't bet money on it, it would be really cool to get someone showing up tonight who was on a different show last night. When was the last time something even similar happened? I know there was Rick Rude, which was forever ago...

Wasn’t that actually the same night since that Raw had been taped?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Wasn’t that actually the same night since that Raw had been taped?

Yup. I was 13 and was certain my tv viewing experience had peaked. My dad talks about seeing Lee Oswald shot on live tv when he was a kid. At the time, this felt like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Yup. I was 13 and was certain my tv viewing experience had peaked. My dad talks about seeing Lee Oswald shot on live tv when he was a kid. At the time, this felt like that.

I'm surprised it didn't happen before that in the Monday Night Wars era. When they ditched Challenge (which was late 1995), they were still doing the live Raw after any PPV and the next 2-3 weeks would be taped. Once they start doing Shotgun Saturday Night in place of Superstars, they would still do the occasional live Raw but also tape the next week's Raw on like a non PPV Sunday or Tuesday (I think Tuesday would be the day Superstars was usually taped). Then by the second half of 97 when it was apparent the wacky nightclub setting for Shotgun Saturday Night flopped, they would have a live Raw AND tape Shotgun Saturday Night and then tape the following week's Raw and another Shotgun that Tuesday. Plus, you would have the Raw episodes preempted by tennis or the Westminster Dog Show and it would be taped on some random day and air on Thursday or Saturday. For the "fall season" of 1996 when Superstars already been moved to Sunday (where Challenge use to be), they went dark for a week after Summerslam 1996 and the next Raw (the "season premiere") was on a Friday. That meant they were dark for two and a half weeks after a major PPV, aired a taped Raw after a long hiatus, and then aired another Raw THREE days later on it's regular scheduled day. In the era of basically non guaranteed money and also shorter deals in combination with constant taping schedule changes, you could have something like what happened with the Radicalz happen every other month but with those talents being on both shows the same night. Keep in mind, WCW and WWF had shows against each other on both Saturday and Sunday in that era as well.

• Like 4

Happy someone with the power to make it happen wants that Sammy-Cody title match as much as I do.

Third show with an in-ring promo to start the episode since Full Gear. Are the times changing? I mean CM Punk is here, so no complaints. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

What a weird ass show. The first half was all messed up from the face-heel dynamic being all shitty. CM Punk shits on Long Island for 10 minutes and then looked like he was trying to get a pop for GTS'ing Ricky Starks, who is the shit. 

They really, really found their stride in hour 2. Just quality shit from bell to bell. The only thing I rolled my eyes at was Malakai Black mist-ing Julia Hart. I've seen this "spooky dude casts spell of influence over cute blonde former cheerleader" thing before and the shit was awful. Malakai should run through the Blondes and get his mojo back. Get that Cody stink off of him. 

• Like 2

I was so sad after the crowd dumped on Hayter and Riho. Then Taz made my week. Christmas comes early. LET'S FUCKING GO. 

Seriously, Hayter is the best. It was clear she and Riho got mixed up about halfway through the match but they did an admirable job getting it back together. Some absolutely killer bumps in this and Hayter made Riho's offense look great. Jamie's chokebreaker was disgusting, as was the avalanche crucifix. 

Fun show but I feel like the stuff with MJF was weird. He didn't speak in front of his people? Strange.

Chuck is so good but I can't stop waiting for him to adjust his tights even with the Bret gear. Trent as Mox 2.0 was amazing. Really fun match that overstayed its welcome by a few minutes but incredible return angle and Sue. 

• Like 4