DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 12/7/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Sapp and a few others are saying he's leaving this week, but it feels more like they are setting up for some sort of swerve.  Supposedly, Johnny's going to get a mic to discuss his future plans.  That seems an odd way for someone to get sent off in this business (particularly if his future plans are "go to AEW").

Fightful also says O'Reilly is wrapping up with NXT tonight.  If that's true, i expect his sendoff to be a beating by Von Wagner.  So... compare and contrast.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1

KOR/Wagner was good.

Lumis/Hayes was solid. Loved Trick on the outside.

Toxic Attraction vs. Feroz/? was surprisingly less squashy than expected and fun.

Escobar/Quin was decent. 

Not sure about Strong facing Bron, but it should be a fun match at worst. Hayes messing with Diamond Mine later was unexpected. Wonder if we get Hayes/Strong in a double titles or unification match.

Johnny going away promo was lovely. Waller murdering him on the way out was a choice. Figured it would happen, but I'm not sure Waller was the guy to go with. At the same time I loved the reaction from the crowd. Waller might never be cheered again in NXT after this.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Johnny going away promo was lovely. Waller murdering him on the way out was a choice. Figured it would happen, but I'm not sure Waller was the guy to go with. At the same time I loved the reaction from the crowd. Waller might never be cheered again in NXT after this.

Especially given the crowd/regulars that go to the show....Waller could save babies from a burning building and he won't be cheered there ever again lol

So I guess the days of looking at the "next class of NXT" and wondering which indie stars are in it are over.  Here is the first "NIL" class which is basically college athletes with no pro wrestling experience.  Although apparently the Cavinder twins have a huge social media impact.  

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So I guess the days of looking at the "next class of NXT" and wondering which indie stars are in it are over.  Here is the first "NIL" class which is basically college athletes with no pro wrestling experience.  Although apparently the Cavinder twins have a huge social media impact.  

Did not expect WWE to get involved in the college athletics money game, but I guess it's not much different than BS sports sponsoring "hot" female athletes.