DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

This was definitely a closer game than that score made it look at the end. 

I know it won't happen, but Stetson Bennett should just say "everyone who said Daniels should replace me this last month, how my nuts taste?"

I’ll say this for the umpteenth time: when you look at the inexperience and injuries for Alabama this year, they should not have been SEC champs and one score from the natty until late in the game. Easily Saban’s best coaching job in over a decade. This team was a year ahead of schedule, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they’re definitely going to be back in this spot next year. Like, the only way that doesn’t happen is if Bryce Young opts out of next season, which I don’t think he will.

Not sure a QB changed his legacy so rapidly in the playoffs more than Stetson Bennett in that 4th quarter.  Maybe Tua put he didn't have a legacy before he replaced Jalen Hurts.   After that turnover and Alabama taking the 18-13 lead I was sure that this was the end.   Just nonchalantly throws a perfect pass on a free play and history was changed forever  

Edited by hammerva

People will remember the win, which I guess is all that really matters. That ring will close a lot of deals on insurance/real estate/cars or whatever he chooses to go pro in other than sports.

But he did not play well in this game. EPA was -4.5. Biggest throw was a free play 50/50 ball that his receiver pushed off on to catch (not complaining; it happens). Second biggest throw was a horrific underthow on what should have been a TD to Pickens when he was facing no pressure. 4 of 12 on 3rd downs. Not good.