DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

48 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, not for nothing... 

But are the semis getting played on Friday?    

I would assume all four schools are completely quarantined. 

Plus most of the players have been talking about they are taking extra precautions like wearing most virtually all the time, not going out and staying socially distanced.

It seems like a lot of the seniors basically being all "Don't fuck this up for us"

26 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I am probably wrong but I thought there was a deadline to when the semis can be played.  So whether it plays Friday who knows. 

I have re-read the story about the CFP changing its policies about 5 times now (and this is what I posted about earlier in the thread) and it seems like they are only willing to move the title game but if either semi gets fucked then a team (or teams) is shit out of luck

The changes, which were made by the CFP's management committee during a videoconference Tuesday, also provide flexibility for the Jan. 10 national championship game in Indianapolis to be pushed back no later than Jan. 14.

If one team is able to play in the title game and the other can't because of COVID-19 -- and the game can't be rescheduled -- the team that can't play will forfeit and its opponent will be declared the national champion. If both teams can't play on the original or rescheduled date, the game will be declared a no-contest and the CFP national championship will be vacated for this season.

The CFP is still expecting for all games to be played with no reduction in attendance.

If one of the four semifinalists is unable to participate because of a COVID-19 outbreak, the unavailable team will forfeit and its opponent will advance to the national championship.

If both teams are unavailable to play in a semifinal game, it would be declared a no contest and the winner of the other semifinal game would be declared the CFP national champion.

BTW - as far as I can tell the only issues any of the 4 teams have had was with Alabama and Bill O'Brien and Doug Marrone both testing positive

But three of the four teams allowed their players to travel for Christmas so Katie Bar the Door

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

I can't imagine any of the Playoff teams aren't locking themselves down and aren't fucking around.  At least I hope they're locking themselves down.

Michigan went to the beach today but I imagine they weren't within 50 miles of anybody else. 

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

For better or worse, West Virgina and especially Minnesota are emptying the playbook tonight. Using all the trick plays and odd formations they've been practicing all year and never broke out.

I was amused that WVU called a timeout when Minn. lined the 6'9" 380 lb. lineman up at fullback - only to see Minn. run the same play after the timeout.  Big guy got the ball and ran through the line into the end zone.

• Like 1

Holiday Bowl is now officially off as it was too difficult to find a replacement opponent for NC State

It is safe to say that the Wolfpack will not be putting UCLA on their Christmas card list.

And also from the petty, funny department - NC State said they are counting the game as a win in their official records no matter what the NCAA says

• Haha 2

Yeah there are a ton of guys in the NFL at 6'6" (Justin Herbert, Nick Foles and Joe Flacco are just some of the examples)

In addition to Brock - Mike Glennon and Paxton Lynch are also both 6'7"

The aforementioned Dan McGwire is the tallest QB ever

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah there are a ton of guys in the NFL at 6'6" (Justin Herbert, Nick Foles and Joe Flacco are just some of the examples)

In addition to Brock - Mike Glennon and Paxton Lynch are also both 6'7"

The aforementioned Dan McGwire is the tallest QB ever

So you're saying 6'6" is the tallest you can be and still be good? 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe so, but it looks like someone on Iowa State wants Clemson to cover the spread with that baffling tip up instead of batting it down.

Of course, DJ is also fucking terrible, so there's that perpetual fly in the ointment.

Edited by Contentious C