DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

12 minutes ago, EVA said:

This Rose Bowl is incredible. Utah is running wild on the Buckeyes, but every time they score in dramatic fashion, Stroud just comes back and casually tosses another long TD.

I feel like between Michigan going for almost 300 on the ground, and this so far, improving the run defense hasn't to be job number one in Columbus this off season.

Hell, Oregon ran them over pretty well too.

32 minutes ago, EVA said:

Ohio State has got to figure out their defense this off-season, because the offense isn’t missing a beat without Olave and Wilson. Stroud and Smith-Njigba putting on a Mac Jones-Smith show tonight.

Oh they have a terrifying group of "next man up" for wide out.

I'm not sure that "Desmond Howard would've been WR #4" sign at GameDay this year was even a joke.

If you want to see more diversity at the top of CFB, then you really need to be rooting for somebody west of the Rockies to get their shit together. The overall ineptitude of Pac-12 programs has left the West Coast wide open for pillaging by pretty much all of the current elite programs that everybody is sick of. If somebody out there could build a wall on the Rockies and keep their best players home, you’d not only get a get a better Pac-12 but also chip away at the extreme talent gap that the Bama’s and Buckeyes and Bulldogs of the world currently enjoy.

44 minutes ago, EVA said:

If you want to see more diversity at the top of CFB, then you really need to be rooting for somebody west of the Rockies to get their shit together. The overall ineptitude of Pac-12 programs has left the West Coast wide open for pillaging by pretty much all of the current elite programs that everybody is sick of. If somebody out there could build a wall on the Rockies and keep their best players home, you’d not only get a get a better Pac-12 but also chip away at the extreme talent gap that the Bama’s and Buckeyes and Bulldogs of the world currently enjoy.

I mean, that's the theory on Lincoln Riley to USC, right?

• Like 2

Quick off the top of my head regional (instead of conference) breakdown.

West coast: 2 playoff slots^

North East: 0

Southwest: 4*

Midwest: 9

South East: 17

^None since 2016 I think?

*All Oklahoma, which borders right on the Midwest and is moving to the SEC despite geography.

Then title game appearances gets even more absurd.

West Coast: 1

Midwest: 2

South East: 13

Edited by Brian Fowler

It’s bad!

Meanwhile, Bama is led by a Heisman-winning QB…from California. And Georgia’s top two receiving targets (who both scored TDs in the playoff game last night) are…from California.

Edited by EVA

That offensive performance from Ohio was something else. Stroud made one ridiculously accurate after another. 

That defensive performance was something else, too. Just not in a good way. Definitely something I hope they don't fox anytime soon. 

Guessing there's not a lot of interest in the FCS Title Game here, but at their current pace NDSU is going to drop a 70 spot on Montana State.

Nine minutes left in the second quarter and it's 21-0. NDSU already has 198 yards on the ground.

Edited by Gonzo