DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF OFF-SEASON

EVA

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

Rumors that the #1 rated recruit this year, Travis Hunter, may flip from Florida State to Jackson State...you read that right, Jackson State.

The power of Deion

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Rumors that the #1 rated recruit this year, Travis Hunter, may flip from Florida State to Jackson State...you read that right, Jackson State.

Frankly with how dire the situation is looking in Tallahassee, this is almost definitely a step up for him. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Frankly with how dire the situation is looking in Tallahassee, this is almost definitely a step up for him. 

There's rumors that $1 Mil was floated in his direction too. 

Deion stealing from his Alma Mater is just all time funny though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

There's rumors that $1 Mil was floated in his direction too. 

Deion stealing from his Alma Mater is just all time funny though. 

I joked on another board that FSU is going to unretire his number.

The word on the street is that the big NIL money is coming from Barstool - which also employees Deion (and may also be connected to a gambling site)

Either way - this is gonna get the NCAA's attention

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The word on the street is that the big NIL money is coming from Barstool - which also employees Deion (and may also be connected to a gambling site)

Big Cat was not smart by engaging with their Twitter today. I know a lot of this stuff is hilarious to him, but it definitely doesn't help the above. 

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah, I just saw someone else mention that Barstool was bankrolling Deion and Jackson State. Two POS working together.

Yeah it is reportedly Bartsool and Penn National Gaming

Penn National Gaming is definitely involved in sports betting which you would have thought would be some sort of big no no under the NIL deals but who the fuck knows anymore with the NCAA

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah it is reportedly Bartsool and Penn National Gaming

Penn National Gaming is definitely involved in sports betting which you would have thought would be some sort of big no no under the NIL deals but who the fuck knows anymore with the NCAA

Basically daring the NCAA to do something about it. It's likely that this year is the only true Wild West NIL year. And that includes my school and their million dollar "collectives".

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well considering Dabo just went on a rant about how evil it is that kids can transfer easily now - I eagerly await his response to this

LOL.  I love it.  I think the easy transfers are one of the best things to ever happen to college football.  

• Like 3

Most of the people justifying the Jackson State situation is under the "well college football is already corrupt so why not go all the way with it" idea.   Which is true and it is great this coaches are getting what is coming to them but deciding that total anarchy is the best solution is not the extreme I would recommend. 

All I can say for the recruit is that you better keep both eyes on Barstool because if even one thing goes wrong then they and his mouth breather followers will make this kid life a living hell.  

• Like 1

I don’t think I commented on it at the time, so since you bring it up: In 2007, Rich Rodriguez turned down the Alabama job because, reportedly, his wife didn’t want to live in Tuscaloosa.

Welp. Enjoy Calhoun County, Rita.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, EVA said:

I don’t think I commented on it at the time, so since you bring it up: In 2007, Rich Rodriguez turned down the Alabama job because, reportedly, his wife didn’t want to live in Tuscaloosa.

I am forever mad at RichRod for not taking the Tuscaloosa job. Just like I'm forever angry at the Dolphins Medical Staff for not approving Brees. 

14 hours ago, Robert C said:

I’m curious what exactly Texas’ RB coach does on a daily basis.  I figure his to do list is something like this:

- tell Bijan Robinson ‘you do you’

- eat a snack

- nap

From what I understand from the boards I read, the RB coach is supposed to be your ace/volume recruiter (and in the SEC, one of your top bagmen), since RBs supposedly require very little coaching as you say. That was an internet fan complaint about Drayton, he did great with Bijan but wasn't a lead recruiter outside of his position.

That said, he's helped develop Roschon Johnson into a viable P5 running back who will likely make an NFL roster as a UDFA 3rd down back.