DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF OFF-SEASON

EVA

Ohio St is hiring Ok State's DC Jim Knowles to be their DC

Knowles won't start till after the Rose Bowl

Also OSU needs to fire an assistant to stay under the limit but they haven't announced who will be gone yet

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Pitt OC Mark Whipple has resigned. No reason was given

He will not work Pitt's bowl game

My main memory of Whipple at Miami was a visible shot of him calling either Randy Shannon or our kicker a "dumb fuck" when we made the decision to kick to CJ Spiller right before the half vs. Clemson in 2009. We'd just tied it up to go into half so of course we promptly kicked it to all-everything at the time Spiller who predictably took it back 100 yards for a touchdown, the lead and momentum going into the half.

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2021 at 5:39 PM, RIPPA said:

Looks like Fresno State is bringing back Jeff Tedford

Somehow I doubt David Carr is walking through the door again. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

Iowa QB Deuce Hogan (now that's a hell of a wrestling name) transferred because of a joke Kirk Ferentz made at his expense.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/12/06/iowa-quarterback-announces-transfer-mothers-facebook-post-suggests-r?fbclid=IwAR1LhTx4ImcNhgetyLLI-xIrr3XuHFqiRaR-_pB5SwX35UVieO-yh7C4MOI

This was what the joke was:

"Spencer Petras and Alex Padilla both had the flu this week. Kirk Ferentz (joking) on the starter if they were out: “If it was Deuce, with all due respect to Duece, I might’ve stayed in Iowa City.

The press conference was directly after Iowa's 28–21 win over Nebraska. The following week, the Hawkeyes lost to the Wolverines in the Big Ten championship 42–3 where Spencer Petras and Alex Padilla combined for 176 passing yards and one interception on 37 passing attempts."

Here's Ferentz' comment on Hogan's transfer

73da7f1c-468f-4744-8be6-c55ba122a7c6_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Iowa QB Deuce Hogan (now that's a hell of a wrestling name) transferred because of a joke Kirk Ferentz made at his expense.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/12/06/iowa-quarterback-announces-transfer-mothers-facebook-post-suggests-r?fbclid=IwAR1LhTx4ImcNhgetyLLI-xIrr3XuHFqiRaR-_pB5SwX35UVieO-yh7C4MOI

This was what the joke was:

"Spencer Petras and Alex Padilla both had the flu this week. Kirk Ferentz (joking) on the starter if they were out: “If it was Deuce, with all due respect to Duece, I might’ve stayed in Iowa City.

The press conference was directly after Iowa's 28–21 win over Nebraska. The following week, the Hawkeyes lost to the Wolverines in the Big Ten championship 42–3 where Spencer Petras and Alex Padilla combined for 176 passing yards and one interception on 37 passing attempts."

Here's Ferentz' comment on Hogan's transfer

73da7f1c-468f-4744-8be6-c55ba122a7c6_tex

I don't blame Hogan.  That's pretty low by Ferentz.

• Like 3

Brian Kelly is cleaning house at LSU. There are competing theories that 1. there is a lot of stuff still coming with Title IX and they're getting rid of anyone associated with it and 2. that he's paranoid and getting rid of anyone who has been there and will challenge him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

Brian Kelly is cleaning house at LSU. There are competing theories that 1. there is a lot of stuff still coming with Title IX and they're getting rid of anyone associated with it and 2. that he's paranoid and getting rid of anyone who has been there and will challenge him.

I'm not sure those are competing theories so much as complementary.  I'd be shocked if Kelly didn't clean house just because he was coming in but I would also expect he's been made aware that there's Title IX stuff coming and so getting rid of people because of that.

• Like 1

Cal’s Justin Wilcox has interviewed for the Oregon job

However, reports say that Oregon is still trying to get Chip Kelly back

So I am sure there will be no awkwardness in the Pac 12

It's a little odd that Hutchinson got enough votes to be a Heisman finalist, but didn't win the trophy for best defensive player (no disrespect to Jordan Davis who was awesome all year and had a strong case for the award.)

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Guess which 2021 pro wrestling personality is being investigated by the NCAA?

I guess it's because he paid every player? That somehow violates the intent of NIL I guess?