DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF OFF-SEASON

EVA

My Longhorns coming in at 27, which is about right. Had a couple of big season-ending injuries from our first scrimmage (WR Isaiah Neyor, who was a transfer from Wyoming and our #2 WR, and Junior Angilau, starting guard but was working to being starting Center this year). Plus senior RB and heart of the team Roschon Johnson will be out for about a month, so likely missing the Alabama game.

LSU QB Myles Brennan is retiring.  (the wording is "walking away from football")

The usual idiots are now in EXTREME PEARL CLUTCHING mode since Brennan signed a few NIL deals and now doesn't have to give the money back because there's no performance clause in the deal. 

• Like 2

ND at #5?

LOLOLOLOLOL 

Ok...

EDIT: To put this into context, the AP knew ahead of making this that ND practically has no WR corps. So putting them at 5 when you're hoping for the best from the WR that are left is just a little weird.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

Fun fact: this is the seventh time in the Nick Saban era they've been #1 in the pre-season AP poll.

They've won six national championships under Saban.

Somehow, only once have those two events occurred in the same season.

• Like 3

FIU LB Luke Knox died suddenly yesterday.  He was 22.

He had recently transferred from Ole Miss, and his brother Dawson plays for the Buffalo Bills. 

No cause was announced. 

• Sad 3

#3 player in the country coming out of HS. Potential for incredible talent on the field, but thus far has been a colossal fuck-up off the field. Would be really big for him and Michigan if he has it together and can pick up the pas rush slack post-Hutchinson/Ojabo.

• Like 1

Meanwhile Scott Frost is trying to kill his players so they can win 6 games this year

I understand that Nebraska in the summer is probably hot as fuck and I understand they will trigger some "these snowflakes" online but after about 10 don't you think maybe increase the fluid supply and/or rest

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Meanwhile Scott Frost is trying to kill his players so they can win 6 games this year

I understand that Nebraska in the summer is probably hot as fuck and I understand they will trigger some "these snowflakes" online but after about 10 don't you think maybe increase the fluid supply and/or rest

Yeah, and dehydrating your players to that point is bad for their body and has a long-term, cumulative effect.

In an upcoming interview with HBO, Kevin Warren confirms that the B1G is looking to expand to 20 teams. No timetable on when they hope to get there or who they’re targeting, but you can do the math on that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JLowe said:

Yeah, and dehydrating your players to that point is bad for their body and has a long-term, cumulative effect.

Maybe he can borrow Tom Herman's pee charts.

Frost strikes me as somebody who reads The Junction Boys to his kids at bedtime.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

It won't happen but the Nebraska AD needs to call Frosty in for a chat. Beyond the obvious health implications, and the fact that this is just bad coaching, he's basically just handed a lawsuit victory to any future litigants if a problem arises. 

Do you think Tricky Nicky has 20 guys throwing up at his practices? Somehow I doubt it. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

Maybe he can borrow Tom Herman's pee charts.

Frost strikes me as somebody who reads The Junction Boys to his kids at bedtime.

People always forget that the Junction Boys went 1-9 that season.

6 minutes ago, JLowe said:

People always forget that the Junction Boys went 1-9 that season.

Yeah, but they'd have been 0-10 without that conditioning! 

• Haha 5

On paper, this looks like the year Nebraska should finally break the 6-win barrier under Frost, but then stories like this remind you that some guys are just never going to get it.

Pretty wild that this dude has one winning season as a head coach, but it was 13-0. Gene Chizik on steroids. Coach O holding his beer.

11 hours ago, EVA said:

On paper, this looks like the year Nebraska should finally break the 6-win barrier under Frost, but then stories like this remind you that some guys are just never going to get it.

Pretty wild that this dude has one winning season as a head coach, but it was 13-0. Gene Chizik on steroids. Coach O holding his beer.

But he does have "the greatest 3-9 team of all-time" on his resume now.