DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF OFF-SEASON

EVA

A&M has to be up there too.  I count ten QB transfers out and three in over the last decade.  That’s having a four year starter during that period.

The list includes one transfer each way with OU.  Lost Kyler Murray, got Trevor Knight.  Oops.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Just read some talk that Jim Harbaugh has legit interest from NFL teams and might be ready to move back to the League.

I am assuming that talk was from his agent to get him more money from Michigan.

I mean I am 99% sure that I saw stories pre-ass whopping that Harbaugh had no interest in ever going back to the NFL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming that talk was from his agent to get him more money from Michigan.

I mean I am 99% sure that I saw stories pre-ass whopping that Harbaugh had no interest in ever going back to the NFL

I was assuming it was agents working too but:

https://theathletic.com/news/could-jim-harbaugh-return-to-the-nfl-i-think-its-real/fp7uejcUpuzW/

When you look at how much James Franklin and Mel Tucker just got paid to accomplish far less than what Harbaugh did this season, I think it’s safe to assume Michigan is going to have to give back the bag they took, and then some, to keep him.

• Like 1

Yeah I was reading a bit about Harbaugh to maybe Oakland (quite a bit of young talent, though I have to figure if they win this week and get in, after everything that happened this year, I highly suspect they just remove the word interim) or Chicago (young QB he's familiar with, the franchise he played several years at, etc)

And, I mean, prior to these seven years at Michigan, he'd never stayed anywhere more than 4 years as a coach. And, I mean he did restore Michigan to at least being a regular winner (2020 weirdness aside) and he got the two things he really was after (beating Ohio and winning the conference)

It's a long road from the ten win teams he usually fielded to this year, and an even longer one to winning it all. And it would be hard to blame him for feeling like he had unfinished business in the NFL, given how close he came to a title.

EDIT: Someday I'll remember the Raiders moved to Las Vegas

Edited by Brian Fowler

Like, Michigan hasn't been as good as we all dreamed they could be when they hired Harbaugh, but he's 42-17 in conference play. The seven years before he got there, Michigan was 24-34 in the Big Ten.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Like, Michigan hasn't been as good as we all dreamed they could be when they hired Harbaugh, but he's 42-17 in conference play. The seven years before he got there, Michigan was 24-34 in the Big Ten.

And he's not that far off from having a better record - a blocked point against MSU, a crooked officiating crew against Ohio a few years ago, an incompetent officiating crew against MSU this year and suddenly he's the guy with multiple wins against his rivals, multiple 11-win seasons and a 13-win season. 

Of course, that's not what we've gotten. We've gotten several years of Don Brown and his incredibly poorly coached defenses and years of Harbaugh the QB Guru who can't develop a quarterback. 

It looks like he's got things on the right track now, though, so I definitely hope he sticks around. 

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah I was reading a bit about Harbaugh to maybe Oakland (quite a bit of young talent, though I have to figure if they win this week and get in, after everything that happened this year, I highly suspect they just remove the word interim) or Chicago (young QB he's familiar with, the franchise he played several years at, etc)

And, I mean, prior to these seven years at Michigan, he'd never stayed anywhere more than 4 years as a coach. And, I mean he did restore Michigan to at least being a regular winner (2020 weirdness aside) and he got the two things he really was after (beating Ohio and winning the conference)

It's a long road from the ten win teams he usually fielded to this year, and an even longer one to winning it all. And it would be hard to blame him for feeling like he had unfinished business in the NFL, given how close he came to a title.

EDIT: Someday I'll remember the Raiders moved to Las Vegas

I don't know about Chicago, there has been smoke about them wanting Ryan Day since mid-October.

Another for the list

Oklahoma Sooners freshman wide receiver Mario Williams announced Tuesday that he is planning to enter the transfer portal.

Williams was the No. 17-ranked recruit in the 2021 class, the No. 1 wide receiver and the second-highest-ranked commit for the Sooners.

Despite having other receivers ahead of him on the roster, Williams was fourth on the team in receiving yards with 380 and he also hauled in four touchdown passes on the season. Williams had five kick returns for 108 yards, as well.

Harbaugh coaching the Bears would probably be what it takes for me to finally give up on that team and just stick with the Colts and Bills, although the latter is more of a family thing. But like JLowe mentioned, the Bears look like they have a lot of interest in Ryan Day and that's who I hope they wind up with. They could also fire Ryan Pace while they're at it.

Raiders giving Harbaugh way, way, way too much money over 5+ years would be right in their wheelhouse of bad decision making and it still wouldn't be the most Raiders thing ever.

The only other route I could see Harbaugh taking is the one Brian Kelly took where he sees that there is a very thick ceiling unless you're in the SEC and so if you can't beat em, join em. Only problem is, Kelly took over the one program that could have a decent shot at winning a natty within the next few years. I'm not sure what other SEC program is going to open up soon enough for Harbaugh to take over.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EVA said:

Texas A&M is set to hire DJ Durkin as their new DC. I mean, he was already back in the college game at Ole Miss, but...big yikes. There are truly no consequences for some people.

Yep, although somehow Art Briles has still been untouchable (but not his son or son-in-law).

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Harbaugh coaching the Bears would probably be what it takes for me to finally give up on that team and just stick with the Colts and Bills, although the latter is more of a family thing. But like JLowe mentioned, the Bears look like they have a lot of interest in Ryan Day and that's who I hope they wind up with. They could also fire Ryan Pace while they're at it.

Raiders giving Harbaugh way, way, way too much money over 5+ years would be right in their wheelhouse of bad decision making and it still wouldn't be the most Raiders thing ever.

I'm not sure the Raiders spend big money on anybody until they figure out how much they're going to owe Gruden.  

Harbaugh was very successful with San Francisco.  He could be a good hire for somebody.

But this is almost certainly all smokescreen.

I think Bryan Harsin is obsessed with seeing if he can turn around mediocre QBs into really good ones. Sadly, Auburn is not the fan base to test that theory on given current climate, and I think the world of Harsin and think he can be a great coach. 

Edited by Chaos

Charlie Batch (yes THAT Charlie Batch) has offered Caleb Williams a $1 million dollar NIL deal if he transfers to Eastern Michigan. (The money would be coming from the Investment company that Batch is the COO of)