DVDVR Message Board

DAY 1 - 1/1/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Still makes me laugh. Good seeing Big E going at it with Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley. Sucks Big E dropped the WWE Championship after only four months and WWE going back to Brock.

Edited by The Natural

So... What was the plan if Roman was healthy? Was Lesnar beating Reigns? Was Big E dropping the title to someone else?

This is where I start wondering if the Roman news wasn't all a work to get them out of a tight spot...

Missed the first half of Usos/New Day. What I caught was pretty damn good.

Skipped RKO/Profits and McIntyre/Moss

Edge/Miz was solid if nothing special.

Becky/Liv was so so goo and easily the best match and performance Live has had. Probably was MOTN for me. I do wish Becky had cheated to win though Liv was messing with her eyes so maybe the camera missed something. That or the poor woman got hair in them.

The 5-way was pretty damn fun. Don't care for the idea of Brock as champ again though I kind of am interested in him vs. Lashley and Big E in singles. Hopefully if those happen it leads to one of them beating him.

I watched this I haven’t watched a WWE show since Money in the Bank. I liked the first match between The Uso’s and The New Day and after that not so much.

WWE has musical acts perform when the crowd doesn’t give a shit. This crowd would have gave a shit had the Migos performed so of course they don’t.

I’m asking this seriously cuz I do t watch the TV Shows, who is the big up and coming babyface they are building to be the one to dethrone Becky at Mania? Are they building Bianca Belair up on Smackdown to be the one to do it? Are they   laying the ground work for a rematch at all?

I’ll save my Lesnar rant for a separate post.

The Usos and New Day once again show they can't have a bad match against eachother

Drew/Moss and Miz/Edge were both twice as long as they needed to be, but I guess they were padding the show with the time that would have gone to Lesnar/Roman. If you're Beth and Edge and know Maryse is going to attempt some shenanigans outside the ring, why do you not accompany Edge at ringside? Yes, I get the entrance and run in and whatnot, but it made no sense in the context of the feud.

Rbro vs Profits was fine but the wrong team won. I say that because I'm tired of Riddle's Jeff Spicoli cosplay. And both tag matches ended with a 3D variation?

Becky/Liv was pretty good. I think Liv has got to be one of the most improved members of the roster in the past year.

The main event was fun while it lasted. As much as I don't like Brock winning last minute like that, I'm actually more interested in seeing him against Big E or Lashley, and this was too soon to do Brock/Roman anyways. I hope Big E gets his belt back at the Rumble and we somehow get Brock/Roman at Mania.

I think Lesnar vs. Reigns still happens at WrestleMania XXVIII even though Lesnar's won the WWE Championship and Reigns is on Smackdown Live as WWE Universal Champion. Unification perhaps.

I see Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks for the WWE RAW Women's Championship even though both are on different brands. You can bill it as Becky who has been a WWE Women's Champion since WrestleMania XXXV against Banks who has never won at WrestleMania and finally does here.

Edited by The Natural

Gotta tell ya, I enjoyed that show and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I was going to. Especially since after they announced that Roman was out, I considered finishing watching a movie instead. Roman having Covid and Holland getting his nose smashed led to booking on the fly, and that's always something that I love seeing happen, be it wrestling or live theatre. And they pulled it off. That was a fun show.

9 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

This is where I start wondering if the Roman news wasn't all a work to get them out of a tight spot...

Even if it isn't a work (it probably isn't), they should have Kayla Braxton discover it was all some sort of Heyman plot to get Roman out of the match.

I was guessing the planned finish was Heyman suckering Brock and reuniting with Roman.

Yeah, I would like to know what the plan was before Roman wound up having to sit this one out. I didn't think there was any way they were going to have Lesnar go over Reigns at a non-Big 4 PPV, so I'm not sure what they were going to do unless it was going to be some sort of lame DQ finish or something.

But now Brock is the champ and if this leads to Lesnar/Lashley at the Rumble or at Wrestlemania I'm all for it.

I’d have Big E win the Rumble and choose Roman and The Universal Championship. Have Big E go over to Smackdown reunite with The New Day and feud with The Bloodline and at Mania I’d have Big E beat Roman.

Then I’d have Lashley win the Elimination Chamber for the shot against Brock and run Brock vs Lashley with Lashley going over.

Those would be solid main events for the two nights Big E vs Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I’m asking this seriously cuz I do t watch the TV Shows, who is the big up and coming babyface they are building to be the one to dethrone Becky at Mania? Are they building Bianca Belair up on Smackdown to be the one to do it? Are they   laying the ground work for a rematch at all?

Bianca is on Raw and lost to Becky via cheating. Bianca is protected but not really getting built up for anything noticeable. Maybe she challenges Charlotte at WM?

Edited by Eivion