DVDVR Message Board

Rampage 12/3/21

Technico Support

6:19pm on the east coast and no thread?  Did Cody run everybody off?

THIS IS RAMPAGE BABY THIS THE SHOW YOU ALL BEEN WAITING ON 

Jade Cargill “in action” (vs Janai Kai).  It does my head in to see Kai on national TV the same way it did to see Lord Crewe on Dark.  Last time I saw either was on the Covid PPW tapings in an empty bar.  Good for her, she’s awesome!

Sammy Guevara vs Tony Nese.  Should be good but I don’t love Sammy Sammy Sammy as a babyface.

Penta y PAC vs FTR.  PAC looks like an angry pirate now!  Should be GREAT!

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Gordberg said:

Even better if they made it 2 out of 3 falls.

Well. Dang! Maybe they are saving 2 outa 3 for FTR vs LB proper.

Perfect TV episode. Lots of fast, exciting action. First time I've seen Nese wrestle and I really enjoyed it. (friend told me his WWE gimmick was literally "he has abs" which... I guess, that worked for Rick Rude!)

Best thing is they set up PAC vs Malakai and another FTR vs LB match for later. That's good TV!

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 2

Oh yeah, that Decapitation was fucking awesome.  FTR is so good.  No Harwood Brainbuster but the Tiger Driver was pretty choice.  So Sammy Guevara is the best wrestler in AEW?  Tony Nese looked fucking great.  Guevara's selling made that match and I LOVED the half crab with the knee digging into the bad  ribs TWICE.  I am SO STOKED for Pac vs Malakai Black.  So much wrestling.  YAY!  AEW!

• Like 10

Something occurred to me watching this taping live Wednesday night:

Given what we know about wwe’s new direction in talent acquisition, looking for big, fast athletes with little to no training, I’m not sure there’s anyone on the AEW roster that checks more boxes for what they’re allegedly looking for than Jade Cargill. TK might have a contract struggle on his hands when Jade becomes available.

Sammy Guevara is a future world champ. Everything seems so easy to him. I like Tony Nese, but he feels like the guy you get if you can’t get bud Murphy. Nese is Nick Cannon to Murphy’s Michael B. Jordan.

FTR is fantastic. Malakai/PAC will be phenomenal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Always felt Tony Nese was very generic, but he came off pretty good here. He reminds me of someone that would be on mid 90s WCW Saturday Night so it must just fit better in AEW.  Guevara's TNT defenses continue to deliver the goods. 

Great tag title main event. I hoped they'd keep the 2/3 stip but hopefully that will come back in to play when Fenix returns.

• Like 3

Tony Neise might be my least favorite wrestler. I know he is “good” but he does not do anything at all to work a crowd. Can you imagine deciding to sign up to be a pro wrestler and saying “You know what? I know I could literally be as outlandish and crazy as I want, but I don’t know, I am just going to be really boring and do some moves.” He is the exact opposite of my wresting tastes.

But do you know who is? FTR. I think Cash Wheeler might be the best worker alive right now. Matt D touched on him a few weeks ago, but he is just running with being a Bobby Eaton co-splayer, and I love it. His mullet is coming in nicely. It works really well with his crappy beard, too. And keeping his chest hair is a great creative choice. He does awesome taunts and is so great at interrupting hot tags. 

Everything about that match felt like a 1989 NWA Sunday syndicated show main event - lengthy tag match, good fired up spitfire baby faces who have been wronged, great color coordination amongst the heel trio, and a great run-in ending leading to a triumphant heel victory and me laughing at PAC getting blinded some more since I am also a heel.

• Like 6

I just don't get why you sign Tony Nese right now. They have a bunch of guys similar to Tony Nese who are younger right now on the roster they aren't really using. Unless you are getting a third show or about to set up a streaming exclusive show it makes no sense.

Like they already signed Jay Lethal, Lee Moriarty, Bobby Fish, I guess I just don't see what quotient Tony Nese fills. Great physique, good worker, has big show experience, sure. But they have a lot of guys on the roster that have similar levels of experience who are also good workers with great physiques. 

Edited by TheVileOne

I didn't really get it, but they signed him before WWE made their last cuts and the ROH guys got released.

As I've said before and as Meltzer alluded to last week, wrestlers are cheap compared to their real sport equivalents and Tony Khan just isn't sweating what Nese costs. 

• Like 2

Just now, RunningFromAmerica said:

I didn't really get it, but they signed him before WWE made their last cuts and the ROH guys got released.

As I've said before and as Meltzer alluded to last week, wrestlers are cheap compared to their real sport equivalents and Tony Khan just isn't sweating what Nese costs. 

After this week's ratings, he should be sweating a little. Maybe not a lot, but a little.