DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2021

The Natural

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Isn’t Hook doing a submission demo on Rampage this week? Pervs are setting up the DVR’s as we speak.

And date night will DEFINITELY end early.

Now I want @DEANto draw Rampage Comix.

• Like 2

A beloved rookie only working on a show that is pre-taped rather than live? So if something goes completely fugazi they can edit it out and the overwhelming majority of fans never see it? What a good idea. That Tuesday show should look into doing something like that, maybe. If they have anyone who is over, i mean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

A beloved rookie only working on a show that is pre-taped rather than live? So if something goes completely fugazi they can edit it out and the overwhelming majority of fans never see it? What a good idea. That Tuesday show should look into doing something like that, maybe. If they have anyone who is over, i mean.

Dark is also taped. 

48 minutes ago, Dog said:

How many decades will the WWE say this set wrestling back? That should be the new Muta Scale.

"She tapped a gusher! 40 years on the WWE scale!"

This is why I hate nameless, anonymous exec quotes especially in sports (ex. Anonymous NBA exec says LeBron is a bad GM). Have the guts to put your name on it. Don't be a coward cause you know people will absolutely roast your ass. 

When that person said that stupid shit, I wish the person they said it to shot back with, "So AEW set the business back to a time when more people were watching pro wrestling?" 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think AEW found their hook(literally) for Rampage, and it’s a good position to put him while he’s learning before moving up to the big show.

They did the same for Jade until the Rosa match, and if you can't work with Rosa, then that says a lot about where you're at.

20 hours ago, zendragon said:

I guess this proves that Brian Cage is All Elite no more!

Curious the status of Cage and Kip Sabian.  I also wonder about Paul Wight.  Seems like they were interested in him as an in ring competitor.  Did his underwhelming showings cancel those plans?  

12 hours ago, chriskbrown50 said:

1 year since the Brodie Lee show; out of this true tragedy AEW really moved forward.  Well documented that both CM Punk and Bryan Danielson really took real interest in AEW after this show. Pretty great story still being written.  

I said earlier how influential the Brodie Lee tribute show was for CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and I think for the Owen Hart Foundation as well. The show turned one year old yesterday. I woke up to watch it live, it's one of the best and most moving shows I've ever watched.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Curious the status of Cage and Kip Sabian.  I also wonder about Paul Wight.  Seems like they were interested in him as an in ring competitor.  Did his underwhelming showings cancel those plans?  

I honestly think that they saw how badly his knees were bowing in that match against QT Marshall a few months ago and decided to dial back. I think he’s only been in a couple handicap matches since then. 

Kip is at a lot of the shows, usually outside the arena working a new gimmick where's "over being under rated" and wearing a paper bag on his head. It's interesting, I'll give him that.

Cage is probably on one of his stem cell sabbaticals or whatever. Hell, he could be injured, same with Paul Wight. The reason Miro hasn't worked a match since the Danielson match is because he's injured, and I didn't even think about that possibility tbh.

Edited by Casey

Cage has been steadily working Indies since his last AEW appearance in October.  They either have no use for him or he's doghoused, which is possible since he was the first public "where's my push" whine.

Oh yeah, I forgot he worked the XPW "reboot" show. I'd imagine they just don't have anything for him, since others have spoken out recently about wanting a better push (Santana & Ortiz) and they're on TV with 2.0, Garcia, Kingston & Jericho. You're probably right though - I think it's mostly "we've got nothin' for you" combined with "shut the fuck up Brian".