DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2021

The Natural

Adam Cole said on BTE that bringing in Kyle O'Reilly was Bobby Fish's idea, and he knows they have a lot of issues to work on, but the three of them as a team are unstoppable.

"And the Young Bucks are involved too." ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

“Unstoppable” is close enough to “undisputed” that Vince just rushed to the roof and fired up the McDevitt signal.

If only there was some sort of non-WWE faction name they could fall back on using... ?

Understandably Effervescent

Unprompted Explosivity

Understated Extremity

Underground Extras, but that sounds more like making a stable of guys who actually were ringside extras during Raw Underground. Suge D and his mates.

• Thanks 1

I so love the Ass Boys. They are dueling NWO Buff Bagwells- especially future superstar Austin Gunn.  And Tay looked great all fired up tonight.  Darius Lockhart is so great.

• Like 6

Dark: Elevation: Holiday Bash Edition

What do you know, I've finally got time to do one of these. 

The Dark Order (Alex Reynolds, John Silver & Ten) vs. Fodder, JR Miller, & Brandon Scott

I liked the boys at the desk riffing on Fodder's name. I would have tried for a "Hello mudder, hello fodder" joke in that situation, because I'm all about the up to date cultural references. The Dark Order used a trios finisher that I have honestly never seen or even imagined before. Which means: Probably it was famously used in King of Trios or French Catch or some recently unearthed early CMLL footage. @Matt D, was that new to you as well? 

Thunder Rosa vs. Dani Mo

I was thoroughly charmed by Mark Henry obviously crushing on Jade Cargill and acting like a goofy kid with valentine hearts in his eyes.  I like Rosa not being the least bit intimidated by Jade.

Anthony Ogogo vs. Duncan Mitchell

Yay! Another Cutter finisher in AEW! BUT... They explained it as stemming from Ogogo being trained for the pro wrestling by Cutie "Innovator of the Cutter" Marshall, so it makes sense. To be honest, multiple wrestlers using the same moves on one show isn't one of my personal bugbears anyway. 

The Inner Circle (Ortiz & Santana) vs. Movie Myk & Alexander Moss

Santana & Ortiz keep looking better every week. Not in terms of their wrestling, but in terms of their look. They keep getting in better and better condition, and they are wearing the Dead Prez facepaint on the YouTube shows now and not saving it for big matches. Are they gearing up for a run at the titles?

Shawn Spears vs. Lee Moriarty

It's odd that Spears does not seem to be over with anybody at the moment. Like, everybody on the roster seems to have at least a couple of big supporters. Not just your Codies and your Hooks and your John Silvers and your Chris Jerichoes... I mean, I am a huge mark for Bear Country, JD Drake, Leyla Hirsch, and Nick Comoroto, and I know I'm not the only one... but Spears just keeps trying one thing or another as his hook (if you will), and nothing seems to stick for him, even though he's good looking and talented. He looked a bit goofy without the facial hair.

I would have been happy if Moriarty had gone over here.

The Gunn Club (Austin Gunn, Billy Gunn & Colten Gunn) vs. The Dark Order (Alan Angels, Evil Uno & Stu Grayson)

The Ass Boys kinda remind me of when Gordie Howe played on the Whalers in the WHA with his sons. I'm not saying that Rockabilly Kip is on a legendary level like Mr. Hockey, just that it must be really fun for him, and it's pretty mind-blowing for me.

TayJay (Anna Jay & Tay Conti) vs. Diamante & Emi Sakura

So much fun. It's too bad Emi can't get the crowd to play along with "We Will Rock You." 

Matt Hardy vs. Darius Lockhart

That video that @AxB posted explains why this was the Dark:Elevation main event rather than TayJay vs. Diamante & Emi Sakura. Likewise explanatory: Because it was in... NORTH... CAROLINAAAAA!

I wonder if Lockhart is gonna be another one of those wrestlers, like Hirsch, Comoroto, Bear Country, Drake, Tay, etc. etc. who earn their way into our hearts and on to the main programs by working hard and showing personality on the YouTube shows. Here's hoping so. That's one of my favourite things about AEW.

Edited by Gordlow
I misspelled "in" (possibly just a typo)
  • Thanks 3