DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2021

The Natural

I'm going to make an off the cuff comment and maybe I'm in the wrong here, but...

I think AEW needs to do a better job of booking their face champions. Hangman Page, Sammy Guevara, and Lucha Bros. All three are current champs and I think there could be an argument all three are the weakest champs they have had so far booking wise.

Maybe this is because of the influx of new talent that some of these guys get pushed back a little, I don't know. Maybe I prefer the thrill of the hunt more than the mountain top? I'm not sure. Am I off basis in thinking the face champs (and more notably the ones currently) haven't been "featured" as much as they should?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

So who's the Terry Funk in the Page/Danielson/Judges situation?  Do we have any Funk-y like semi-retired but can still go performers out there?  They could do a full on piledriver on the ringside table remake and I would be very pleased.  I assume they won't tho. 

Kurt Angle.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Octopus said:

This has been a very good year of enjoying wrestling (especially AEW) and life has been great. A lot of you on here have helped me have fun talking and goofing off about this hobby of ours. Thank you all.

I echo this sentiment.  I was a long time lurker and finally started to post.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Huh, I guess his big muscle tits sealed the deal.

It's the straps adjustment that really accentuates his muscle titties. 

edit: shouts out to Powerbomb Symphony as a finish name. Fantastic stuff and my body is very ready for his inevitable face turn. We gotta be close, right? Is Punk beating MJF and the tantrum that ensues the breaking point? 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jiji said:

It's the straps adjustment that really accentuates his muscle titties. 

edit: shouts out to Powerbomb Symphony as a finish name. Fantastic stuff and my body is very ready for his inevitable face turn. We gotta be close, right? Is Punk beating MJF and the tantrum that ensues the breaking point? 

I want to say he snaps after Spears gets on his last nerve, but who the fuck wants Spears to be that tipping point? The tip of the spear, as it were?

While I definitely think it's going to be a huge, cathartic moment, I think now would be a bad time to turn Wardlow because it runs the risk of overshadowing Punk finally getting his hands on MJF. Although on the other hand, if it's sort of built into that, like for example if Wardlow chooses not to save MJF's ass vs Punk, thus giving Punk the win, then I have no issue with it. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

I want to say he snaps after Spears gets on his last nerve, but who the fuck wants Spears to be that tipping point? The tip of the spear, as it were?

Well Spears has been a great foil this year. He’d be a really great first test for Wardlow(As in finding out if he’s good enough to be carried by a vet in a program), and easy first real face win. Pulling the trigger on MJF Vs. Wardlow so soon would be a mistake. Especially if the ultimate goal this year is to put the belt on MJF.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I'm going to make an off the cuff comment and maybe I'm in the wrong here, but...

I think AEW needs to do a better job of booking their face champions. Hangman Page, Sammy Guevara, and Lucha Bros. All three are current champs and I think there could be an argument all three are the weakest champs they have had so far booking wise.

Maybe this is because of the influx of new talent that some of these guys get pushed back a little, I don't know. Maybe I prefer the thrill of the hunt more than the mountain top? I'm not sure. Am I off basis in thinking the face champs (and more notably the ones currently) haven't been "featured" as much as they should?

I'd definitely say that about Sammy Guevara and Lucha Brothers. Early days for the Wangman. Eddie Kingston should have ended Miro's TNT Championship reign and #FTR beating the Young Bucks or Lucha Brothers for the AEW World Tag Team Championship.

Edited by The Natural

I think it's a byproduct of TK wanting title defenses to feel like a big deal. Adam Page isn't gonna wrestle every week like Big E or Drew McIntyre would as champ, and that's fine. I think they could do a better job with Page, in particular, of having him in tags and six man tags like Omega and Mox were as champs. Keeps him in the ring without the title being on the line weekly.

With Guevara, it feels like he was headed for a huge push and something happened. There's a lot of turmoil in his personal life, so maybe he asked for a respite. I don't know and don't want to speculate further. 

Lucha Bros can't stay healthy. Fenix in particular. They've earned a title reign, but it seems prudent to get the belts off them until you're certain you can count on Rey Fenix healthwise.

• Like 2