DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DEC 2021

The Natural

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am not sure about KoR's contract but if he has the standard 90 days, he won't show up anywhere until Late Winter / Early Spring 2021.

He didn't get released. His contract expired, same as Gargano's. So there isn't a no compete.

NXT contract's no competes are also only 30 days. You don't get bumped up to 90 days until you get the restructured main roster contract.

• Like 4

On 12/9/2021 at 1:32 AM, Casey said:

I mean, I really like Lee Moriarty, but that’s an investment in a character and I don’t think that’s happening (yet).

It’s different with Hook, because he can be the next Dwayne Johnson.

Or the next Joe Higashi.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

He didn't get released. His contract expired, same as Gargano's. So there isn't a no compete.

So the reDRagon reunion in AEW could also happen as soon as Wednesday at Winter Is Coming.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, zendragon said:

I mean you don't sign Punk, Danielson and Adam Cole to NOT have them put over hook

Word. I was just gonna say, how long 'til Bryan realizes that he HAS to kick this kid's head in, and ... does he put him over? Now, the second question seems ridiculous. Hook obviously has Bryan's number.

Punk and Cole probably become best friends to help hold him down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:59 PM, J.T. said:

So the reDRagon reunion in AEW could also happen as soon as Wednesday at Winter Is Coming.

Not only could it happen, I'd bet it's more likely to happen than not...

23 hours ago, AxB said:

ReDRagon vs Briscoes, coming to a Dynamite near you in 2022 (as long as you live in the Eastern or Central time zones of the USA).

I will be happy with FTR vs. Briscoes in AEW and AAA.  Reuniting reDRagon will just be extra gravy.

Edited by J.T.

Prepare to cry.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/amanda-jon-huber-wrestling-aew

Ahead of the one year anniversary of Brodie passing away (and today being their anniversary), Amanda has wrote a very lengthy article about her love of wrestling, meeting Brodie, falling in love, his career and the lung issue that eventually took his life.

Here's a taste of just how much you're going to fucking cry your eyes out.

“I hate this,” Brodie said.

“I hate it, too, sweetie.”

“Is he going to die?”

I’d been dreading the question for days. Or probably more like weeks. I knew it was coming….. but it still knocked the wind out of me when he asked.

“You need to go to bed,” I told him.

“Mom,” he said, now raising his voice a little. “Answer me. Is he going to die?”

“Please go to bed, Brodie. It’s getting late.”

“MOM,” he said, almost screaming now. “IS HE. GOING TO. DIE.”

“Brodie. Go to bed.”

“WHY WON’T YOU ANSWER ME???” He started sobbing.

“Because it’s very late, and you need to go to bed.”

I hugged Brodie so tight, and wanted so badly to comfort him — to tell him that it would all be okay. But I knew what was coming. And I couldn’t lie.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Man, that's fucking heartbreaking. Got me crying. The late, great Mr. Brodie Lee went way too soon. One of my favourites I always looked to see if he was booked on the WWE Live show I attended but it wasn't meant to be as the one time he was, he suffered a knee injury a few weeks earlier. Love to the Huber Family as special occasions and anniversaries are particularly tough xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Just now, StuntmanCrowley said:

Brodie should've been added to that match with bray and Randy at Mania.  The match itself was absolutely horrific, but the worst decision made for that was NOT including him(and in my opinion having him win).  They missed a golden opportunity with him right there.

This. I was so fucking pissed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

You and I both.  It was absolutely criminal.  I might go back and rewatch the Orton/Harper match from Elimination Chamber that they spoke about from the article, i don't remember it too well.

Again, well said.

One of my favourite matches of all time is The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield at Elimination Chamber 2014. Luke Harper was the clear Man of the Match and think of the talent involved. Harper was incredible. Gave it *****. My 2014 Match of the Year by far and in my Best WWE Matches (2010-2019) I posted on the board, it was second only to Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena at SummerSlam 2013, that was also *****.

Edited by The Natural