DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling GIFs and Pics

On 12/5/2021 at 1:00 AM, The Natural said:

I was there live, in the building, for this one!

Last show of Winter Navigation 2005. My first trip to Japan, with my girlfriend at the time who is now my wife and the mother of our two children. 

The sound system in the Yokohama gym was awesomely, deafeningly loud. When Misawa's theme hit and I started screaming MI! SA! WA! you couldn't so much hear every other person in the arena screaming it, as you could feel it. It was awesome. I 100 percent literally got goosebumps.

Now, I am happy to be able to say I was there in person, but I remember feeling a little bit mad that Misawa lost the match, first time I ever saw him live, and to make things worse an "outsider" got the pin! I also remember being a bit bummed out that in the Genichiro Tenryu & Shiro Koshinaka vs Junji Izumida & Kenta Kobashi match, they were obviously holding out on giving us a full-on Tenryu vs Kobashi brawl in order to build anticipation for a future singles match (which I believe actually never happened). On the upside, at least I got to see Misawa, Kobashi, Tenryu, Koshinaka (and Nigel McGuinness, Tamon Honda, Low Ki, Bison Smith, SUWA, Scorpio, Akiyama, Kikuchi, Ricky Marvin...). Minoru Suzuki was on the card! (teaming with Naomichi Marufuji against Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue)

The Main Event was Taue vs Morishima in a mentor vs mentee GHC title defense, which was awesome live.

1910561_74203205357_5596857_n.jpg?_nc_ca

That picture is actually from NOAH's Budokan Hall show in March 2009, when we finally moved here (and the last time I was in Tokyo, if you don't include changing planes in the airport). Couldn't find any pics from '05. 

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 14

It is also not surprising that Maeda is directly aiming at the cameraman. (I think that's Maeda, anyway)

So, here's the results for AAA Triplemania Regia and I'm putting them here because there's a bunch of gifs embedded after them. Watch a guy in a Mistico mask almost get hit by Dax because a fan behind him pushed him! Watch a man moonsault onto the ground onto his face! 

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/results/aaa-triplemania-regia-2021-results-new-champion-crowned

FGBoWDkWQAgnkbT?format=jpg&name=small

Alex Shelley, Ruby Soho, John Silver and Smart Mark Sterling getting State Citations from Rhode Island, for working Beyond on Sunday:

• Like 3