DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling GIFs and Pics

On 12/1/2021 at 6:26 AM, PetrolCB said:

FB-IMG-1638368741650.jpg

I looked at this for about 30 seconds at the various wrestlers before spotting Costanza...that's amazing!

On 12/2/2021 at 12:27 PM, odessasteps said:

Scott has this look on his face like he is JUST about to murder the guy then relents and just goes "easy" on him. Even after the match while he's holding his neck, you can see in his face that he's contemplating if he can beat the crap out of him  after the bell and get away with it. Reminds me of Bret Hart, in his book, talking about how Scott would sprawl out on the locker-room floor and reach out and catch people walking by and try to take them down, or that he threatened to shove one guy's thumb up said guy's own ass and Bret said the scary thing about Scott was that he was strong enough that he could do it. Actually, with how strong he appeared to be and how crazy he appears to be, it's amazing that there aren't more "Scott Steiner arrested" stories (The only one I can recall is him hitting a construction worker with his truck for not getting out of the way).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caley said:

I looked at this for about 30 seconds at the various wrestlers before spotting Costanza...that's amazing!

Scott has this look on his face like he is JUST about to murder the guy then relents and just goes "easy" on him. Even after the match while he's holding his neck, you can see in his face that he's contemplating if he can beat the crap out of him  after the bell and get away with it. Reminds me of Bret Hart, in his book, talking about how Scott would sprawl out on the locker-room floor and reach out and catch people walking by and try to take them down, or that he threatened to shove one guy's thumb up said guy's own ass and Bret said the scary thing about Scott was that he was strong enough that he could do it. Actually, with how strong he appeared to be and how crazy he appears to be, it's amazing that there aren't more "Scott Steiner arrested" stories (The only one I can recall is him hitting a construction worker with his truck for not getting out of the way).

My favorite Steiner story was when DDP said they decided as a joke to take off his pants during a battle royal at a house show. It was on Steve Austin's podcast. I just remember Steve Austin laughing his ass off then clarifying to the listeners,  "if the Steiner brothers decide your pants are coming off,  your pants are coming off." The entire match went on with DDP rolling around in the mat trying to get away from them, but like Steve Austin said, his pants eventually came off and he had to run back to the locker room pantsless.

8 hours ago, supremebve said:

My favorite Steiner story was when DDP said they decided as a joke to take off his pants during a battle royal at a house show. It was on Steve Austin's podcast. I just remember Steve Austin laughing his ass off then clarifying to the listeners,  "if the Steiner brothers decide your pants are coming off,  your pants are coming off." The entire match went on with DDP rolling around in the mat trying to get away from them, but like Steve Austin said, his pants eventually came off and he had to run back to the locker room pantsless.

The best part of the story was that Humperdink saw a naked DDP, took off his shirt to provide cover, and everyone at ringside was more upset at the sight of Big Daddy Dink topless than Page naked.

25 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Only two still with the company (one actively). I can remember when that happened we all thought this new future of the company was going to last for a long, long time.

What fools we were.

Yeah, it felt like a changing of the guard, a new era but it wasn't to be. Zack Ryder got it particularly bad in Jan-Apr 2012. Never get yourself over. See: Rusev.

Edited by The Natural

On 12/2/2021 at 9:44 AM, Mister TV said:

Seeing the hoop brings back memories of the "Basketball Death Match" gimmick I thought up back in the day. After scoring a pinfall or submission, you'd have to make either two free throws or a 3 pointer to win the match, if you missed the match would continue, also if the downed opponent was able to get up they could try and stop the basket attempt. I was looked at like I had a pox anytime I suggested it to someone in the local indie scene.

Needs the other guy doing a suicide drill while the first guy tries to make a trey. If he completes it before the shot goes in, the match continues.

Reminds me of one Bradley practice where the coaches had us managers doing suicides with the players. Y'all know what I look like... yeah, it's exactly as ugly as you think it was. ?