DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling GIFs and Pics

b880b57aa1e9cb96ea26766514192527.jpg

The original NJPW roster. Row by row, left to right (though bear in mind that this was meant to be read right-to-left if the order confuses you): Kotetsu Yamamoto, Toyonobori, Antonio Inoki, Osamu Kido, Katsuhisa Shibata, Motoyuki Kitazawa, Shoji Ito, Little Hamada, Tatsumi Fujinami, referee Youssef Turk, Kazuo Sato, and Shinichi Kihara. Ito, Sato, and Kihara all retired in less than a year, although Ito remained with the company through its sales department until leaving as part of Japan Pro.

Edited by KinchStalker
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Are Sid and your brother both flashing money?

This is an amazing picture.

Sid didn’t have a merch person handling the money for the photos, so he was just holding it in his hand. I guess he was gracious enough not to snatch the cash out of my brother’s hand until afterwards. The photo is in the middle of an NWA ring during an intermission, but you can’t really tell from the Polaroid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

When did Sid powerbomb you guys? Are there pics or videos of it?

The show had Sid vs Mabel when they were both between runs with the big two. He doesn’t get Big Vis up, but he powerbowbs three other dorks. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, (BP) said:

The show had Sid vs Mabel when they were both between runs with the big two. He doesn’t get Big Vis up, but he powerbowbs three other dorks. 

Seeing the hoop brings back memories of the "Basketball Death Match" gimmick I thought up back in the day. After scoring a pinfall or submission, you'd have to make either two free throws or a 3 pointer to win the match, if you missed the match would continue, also if the downed opponent was able to get up they could try and stop the basket attempt. I was looked at like I had a pox anytime I suggested it to someone in the local indie scene.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1