DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Kang

Is anyone remotely fucking surprised that A) Ibushi has high blood pressure or B) He puts MORE salt on potato chips? This fucking guy probably puts more sugar on Frosted Flakes.

God bless Ibushi and him being just a huge weirdo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Is anyone remotely fucking surprised that A) Ibushi has high blood pressure or B) He puts MORE salt on potato chips? This fucking guy probably puts more sugar on Frosted Flakes.

God bless Ibushi and him being just a huge weirdo.

Yeah, Kota Ibushi is shall we say, different.

Sometimes I will just watch the short clip of CM Punk and John Cena doing that. The commentary absolutely sells it but Christ, the WWE audience even then barely reacting to it just breaks my heart. I know and understand the indifference these days but I remember seeing this on TV and audibly gasping. You protect a move forever, the smart marks even think you'll never see it, and then it comes out and... mild applause?

Meanwhile in AEW there is no such thing as a protected move, which is also a bummer but at least the crowd gets into it and occasionally even goes buckwild for a collar and elbow lock up.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Sometimes I will just watch the short clip of CM Punk and John Cena doing that. The commentary absolutely sells it but Christ, the WWE audience even then barely reacting to it just breaks my heart. I know and understand the indifference these days but I remember seeing this on TV and audibly gasping. You protect a move forever, the smart marks even think you'll never see it, and then it comes out and... mild applause?

Meanwhile in AEW there is no such thing as a protected move, which is also a bummer but at least the crowd gets into it and occasionally even goes buckwild for a collar and elbow lock up.

I dunno man, I think the crowd is like, "oh shit" when he hits it. Maybe the audio is sweetened in this clip though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

I dunno man, I think the crowd is like, "oh shit" when he hits it. Maybe the audio is sweetened in this clip though.

Yeah that sounds pretty good, I think I was swayed by the visual of people just kind of standing still, you don't see anyone's hands go up or people jump up and down or anything interesting. 

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

:29, it was really sad listening to Cole on commentary after he had the stroke.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What does that mean? ?

i wondered the same thing. i think it's weird and funny and that's why i brought it up. ::insert shrug emoji here::

i'm not overly concerned about it. Or, more accurately, as @Leonidasbrought up (this is one of my pet peeves too), i couldn't care less.

4 hours ago, Leonidas said:

PSA:

I could care less = You do care

I couldn't care less = You don't care

I could give two shits = I care enough about this situation to squeeze some kids out, hopefully store them in some tupperware rather than just your hand and then give them to the person you are speaking to.

I couldn't give two shits = I couldn't even go through the effort of doing the above. 

Yours sincerely, a British English speaker.

Good post, but I don't fully trust you British English speakers, hogging up all the "U"s for your own use, stealing all the "I"s you can to write "aluminium" while we're left with "aluminum."

That goes for you too, Canadians. 

• Haha 1

America had a full national supply of the letter U. It's not our fault they used them all up on the sides of Miami helmets. That's just profligacy. 

We could steal the big twitter Wrestling argument of today and debate whether CM Punk or Randy Orton deserves to be in a Hall of Fame more, but it would probably be pretty one sided around these parts.

• Haha 1