DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Kang

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh shit I forgot about him.  Google yields nothing except it seems he retired.  He once teamed with Jay Lethal against the Briscoes.  So we had 3 “Jays” in one match.

He and Lethal should have been in a trios match with Nash.

6 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

Now that they don't number the Manias my lizard brain can't differentiate them past 30. They all blur together.

that's not the only reason they all blur together Ba Dum Pish

• Like 1

Tickets for RAW in Denver on 2/7 went on pre-sale today. I haven't watched RAW in a long time, but I got tix as a Christmas present for my nephew and his two pals. I took them to a WWE Supershow in Denver back in August and we had a great time, so I figured the kids will love to see an actual live TV show, with all the pyro and hoopla they see on the PPV's. Should be a fun time.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is this like kids allegedly being unable to read analog clocks? 

This is absolutely true. I worked in a store that only carried watches for 10+ years and at least 3 times a week, some parent would ask their kids to read the analog clock on the wall. I'd say only about 1/4 of them could do it and some of the ones that did struggled with it. 

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Watching a late 1986 episode of World Championship Wrestling, and Dick Murdoch doing an interview in a Copenhagen cap is the most on-brand cap for him (that isn't a beer company cap)

My favorite Dick Murdoch moment is him explaining to Adrian Adonis what a Texas-style chili dog was on one episode of TNT.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Jeet Rama (who was released from WWE in November) not actually using the word racist, while discussing how he really doesn't like how all the Indians in WWE have to be heels.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/jeet-rama-my-soul-couldn-t-come-peace-knowing-i-was-making-money-misrepresenting-my-country?utm_source=TW-Fightful&utm_medium=Fightful Wrestling News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it

Blame Russo, and him having Liger job to a Tequila bottle.

Blame Bischoff, and his "I need everyone for every show whether I'm going to use them or not" philosophy. Like, New Japan and WCW had a deal, but not many WCW wrestlers actually got to go to Japan, did they? Like Eddy and Dean signed for WCW under the impression that they would be working NJ tours several times a year, and then Eric never let them go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Blame Russo, and him having Liger job to a Tequila bottle.

Blame Bischoff, and his "I need everyone for every show whether I'm going to use them or not" philosophy. Like, New Japan and WCW had a deal, but not many WCW wrestlers actually got to go to Japan, did they? Like Eddy and Dean signed for WCW under the impression that they would be working NJ tours several times a year, and then Eric never let them go.

I recall Scott Norton and Buff Bagwell spent some time over in New Japan when they were part of NWO-Japan, but other than that, a lot of the guys who used to go there, ended up not going anymore.

6 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I recall Scott Norton and Buff Bagwell spent some time over in New Japan when they were part of NWO-Japan, but other than that, a lot of the guys who used to go there, ended up not going anymore.

ISTR Eddie worked a grand total of one (1) match in New Japan after 1996, and they turned it into an angle that Bischoff made him go despite it being the same day as his kid's birthday or something stupid like that.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

ISTR Eddie worked a grand total of one (1) match in New Japan after 1996, and they turned it into an angle that Bischoff made him go despite it being the same day as his kid's birthday or something stupid like that.

This I didn't know/remember! Sounds exceedingly stupid.

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Brad Armstrong, nWo Sting, High Voltage, Steven Regal, Mike Enos, Harlem Heat toured New Japan. They actually had some interesting cast of characters going over there. It wasn’t just the big stars.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Brad Armstrong, nWo Sting, High Voltage, Steven Regal, Mike Enos, Harlem Heat toured New Japan. They actually had some interesting cast of characters going over there. It wasn’t just the big stars.

I'd like to think they (WCW) told the New Japan office that they were sending the Steiners over and sent High Voltage instead.

• Haha 4

extra late 1986 notes: Jimmy Garvin vs Brad Armstrong is an amazing feud in the sense that both of them had ridiculous hair styles by most recent standards

also, having Ron Garvin and Ivan Koloff interviews close to each other was some stellar "Quebec content" from a JCP show. The concept of "Nikita Koloff's boyhood rival" coming into JCP post Nikita turn would have been pretty good if it wasn't used on a guy who sucked so badly.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 3