DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Kang

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I will drag the purge thread up if there are more but per Fightful - Toni Storm is gone from WWE

WHAT?!?

Also Tony K has “bittersweet news” tonight according to his Dynamite preview tweet.

Edit: Oh shit, Keith Mitchell is retiring. I wonder who will become show director now that he’s gone.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - at the moment it is unclear if she asked for her release or if they cut her

If it is just her - I would lean towards the former

Of course - you could center a discussion then around what they did to make her want to leave the company

Sounding like it was indeed her request. 

Wasn't she getting some sort of push recently? Or at least what they'd consider a push?

Edited by John from Cincinnati

I saw something about Juice supposedly thinking of coming back to WWE due to wanting to be closer with Toni. If Toni is gone and Juice stays with NJPW I wouldn't be shocked if Toni decides to sign with Stardom instead of aiming for AEW.

• Like 1

Fair play to Toni Storm if she indeed did ask for her release. I've never enjoyed her as much as some, but she clearly didn't fit on the main roster and will be curious to see where she pops up. Probably on shoot interviews burying the creampie angle to start with.

Looked like she cut weight recently - I imagine the barbell hip thrusts & cheeseburgers will be back on the menu; creepy wrestling twitter will be all the happier for it.

44 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes.  She had the "Put Charlotte over"  push. 

Careful. You might get called sexist for pointing out that working Charlotte is detrimental to one's WWE career...

28 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I saw something about Juice supposedly thinking of coming back to WWE due to wanting to be closer with Toni. If Toni is gone and Juice stays with NJPW I wouldn't be shocked if Toni decides to sign with Stardom instead of aiming for AEW.

Good thing Toni asked for her release before Juice "Zelina'd" himself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

. I've never enjoyed her as much as some, but she clearly didn't fit on the main roster and will be curious to see where she pops up. Probably on shoot interviews burying the creampie angle to start with.

Now  there's a sentence that people who don't know the context of, might find all kinds of intriguing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

According to SRS on Fightful, Toni Storm is gone from WWE.

It doesn't appear that she's been cut.  PWInsider is reporting that she asked for her release and was granted one.   She flew back home to Austraila and it looks like she will no-show the SmackDown house show tonight in B'More.

Storm quitting doesn't surprise me. Even before the main roster move she arguably wasn't being used well. For all the talk people have of her as someone who should have been a centerpiece I think the only time that really happened was maybe the period she was UK champ. Otherwise it felt like she was doing a whole lot of nothing or putting over other people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nate said:

And tomorrow's my birthday, can y'all be nice to each other for that one 24 he period?

I dunno. Someone might get upset that a wrestler tweets that they had a PBJ for lunch when they actually had a tuna sub and shit might get sideways...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

I dunno. Someone might get upset that a wrestler tweets that they had a PBJ for lunch when they actually had a tuna sub and shit might get sideways...

That's what the 31st can be for.