DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Kang

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Again, I encourage people to click the above link to see the "second coming of virgin Mary" talk that required someone setting the record straight. 

how about you get a fucking life instead of living it on here with 12,500 posts? Seriously John, do you have a job? Do you live with parents?  Screw virgin Mary, you should change your name to "Virgin Johnny"

Who cares what she's like outside of the ring when most, if not all, of the talk surrounding Britt Baker was about her in-ring work. Why should I care if she badmouths some indie Wardlow worked, or if she refused to job to someone or work a cage match, when we're in a thread praising her character work or whatever. My god.

• Thanks 1

you realize some people do care? It's a wrestling board. I had people message me asking questions about her, about the promotions. It got people talking. Jesus Christ nobody can have an opinion anymore let alone state a fact without people ganging up. And you wonder why so many people lurk here without posting. Here you go guys. Shit like this.

Nothing I said has been wrong. You can ignore it or bitch and call it weird. But it's all 100% fact. 

Twiztor has a post where he flat out says he spliced out footage of a Bret-Owen Hart match ending off of a tape and you don't consider that weird?  Different strokes for different folks I guess.  

Also, funny people always leave out the good shit I mention too. Always..  I mentioned Wardlow on here way before he was noticed by AEW. Once again, truth.  The guy will be a world champion by 2023 and he's a great person outside of the ring. I mentioned Lee Moriarty before he blew up too. Another great guy who deserves his spot. But no. People always go back to the Brit Baker shit. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trebor said:

You don't want your personal business out, don't air it in front of millions. 

Or talk about it in the company of a few other people, because one of those people might decide to air it online on your behalf.

Apparently.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling Mr. numbers has doxxed people before? "If they didn't want their home address known, they shouldn't have put the number on their mailbox!"

Edited by Dog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

The J Rose stuff. Also True. The guy puts himself over instead of the talent.

Someone who is in the Wrestling business, who tries to get themselves over, instead of putting wrestlers over? Perish the thought.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

Or talk about it in the company of a few other people, because one of those people might decide to air it online on your behalf.

Apparently.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling Mr. numbers has doxxed people before? "If they didn't want their home address known, they shouldn't have put the number on their mailbox!"

LMAO look at you talking big.  Trebor was right. Look at the instagram posts and how many people said the same.  But you want to be a Whiteknight and defend this kind of shit. Good on you Dog.  But the thing is outside of your group of buddies on here, nobody cares. Which is probably why you won't let this drop. It's all you have. You and Virgin Johnny come on here and want to antagonize. And Rippa and whoever else will allow it.  You don't know when to stop and I'm going to defend myself because nothing I said was wrong.  So let the mods lock the thread or do what they want. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Just three more days. Can we all just move on and not get the thread closed or/and someone banned before New Years?

I'm willing to drop it but these guys don't know when to stop. And when I'm in the right I will defend myself. Hell I even said I admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong and Brit changed for the better.  But the same lonely guys keep bringing it up over and over. It's all they have. Sad really to go through2-3 yr old threads.  It really is. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

how about you get a fucking life instead of living it on here with 12,500 posts? Seriously John, do you have a job? Do you live with parents?  Screw virgin Mary, you should change your name to "Virgin Johnny"

Wow. This dude is fucking shook.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Just three more days. Can we all just move on and not get the thread closed or/and someone banned before New Years?

Please, like anything but the "no politics" rule ever gets enforced.

SophisticatedDeterminedIraniangroundjay-

Edited by Raziel
  • Sad 1

I liked kay fabe. I am not on any social media. I do not want to know about a worker's personal life outside of a hardcover book, an Apter mag or over drinks with another worker at a bar. Kay fabe was a shared illusion that made everything bigger than life, I want wonder & awe not identification and living vicariously.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Someone who is in the Wrestling business, who tries to get themselves over, instead of putting wrestlers over? Perish the thought.

I remember talking to a couple friends in wrestling who said about another wrestler that "she's always trying to put herself over", my reply was that "she's a wrestler, that's her job".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I disagree with @paintedbynumbers on this issue he raised because wrestlers lives should be kept private if they choose, it's not any of our business and if they choose to lie or whatever who cares, they are characters on a TV show. Watch them on TV or don't. 

I'll say this though.  Some posters are being too harsh on him. This was the same place where a lot of people went at Sasha Banks for supposedly not signing autographs and then it came out that she was being harassed by the people at airports at 3am or back at her hotel. 

It was made a big deal because Bubba Dudley went on the radio spouting off about how she should have signed autographs for entitled stalkers. Bullshit. None of us really know whats going on most of the time so we really shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. Same thing with her being supposedly anti-vax because of a liked tweet. Again, a wrestler would not have been able to do all those overseas tours if they were not vaccinated so obviously she likely is vaccinated. But is it our business if she wasn't, not really. 

Why does it always come back to Sasha with you?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I'm willing to drop it but these guys don't know when to stop. And when I'm in the right I will defend myself. Hell I even said I admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong and Brit changed for the better.  But the same lonely guys keep bringing it up over and over. It's all they have. Sad really to go through2-3 yr old threads.  It really is. 

No, what you think you're right on is an opinion. Your opinion is that you deserve to know Sammy/Tays relationship status. Why you think that I have no idea. 

That's like saying my friends would deserve to know if my girlfriend and I took a break dating. Why is it any of their business at all? I have to share on Facebook that we're on a break? Or have to change relationship status to single as soon as it happens?

I don't know you at all, and I'm not trying to be a dick. But privacy for celebrities in 2021 is hard to come by. Forget social media, just the media itself in general is always there. I've thought it would be cool to be a famous this or that, but think of all the stress they are under when every decision they make is questioned because it's in a public spotlight. They deserve peace just as much.

PSA:

I could care less = You do care

I couldn't care less = You don't care

I could give two shits = I care enough about this situation to squeeze some kids out, hopefully store them in some tupperware rather than just your hand and then give them to the person you are speaking to.

I couldn't give two shits = I couldn't even go through the effort of doing the above. 

Yours sincerely, a British English speaker.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4