DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Kang

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I was literally one of the people at Steel City Con that saw her literally sitting on his lap. Only for her to deny the people on IG that called her on it.  Wouldn't say I'm invested but I was there with others who she flat out called liars. 

I shudder to think what would have happened if you saw Flair and Steamboat palling around in 1989.

You know the whole thing was a straight-up con for over a century, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

And here... we... go.

Screenshot 2021-12-28 2.41.46 PM.png

can we get a power ranking of wrestler masks based on how effective/ineffective they would be against Covid?

thinking that maybe Sin Cara could be effective but most of the Rey Mysterio masks wouldn't do shit because they don't cover the mouth.

• Like 1

I disagree with @paintedbynumbers on this issue he raised because wrestlers lives should be kept private if they choose, it's not any of our business and if they choose to lie or whatever who cares, they are characters on a TV show. Watch them on TV or don't. 

I'll say this though.  Some posters are being too harsh on him. This was the same place where a lot of people went at Sasha Banks for supposedly not signing autographs and then it came out that she was being harassed by the people at airports at 3am or back at her hotel. 

It was made a big deal because Bubba Dudley went on the radio spouting off about how she should have signed autographs for entitled stalkers. Bullshit. None of us really know whats going on most of the time so we really shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. Same thing with her being supposedly anti-vax because of a liked tweet. Again, a wrestler would not have been able to do all those overseas tours if they were not vaccinated so obviously she likely is vaccinated. But is it our business if she wasn't, not really. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I disagree with @paintedbynumbers on this issue he raised because wrestlers lives should be kept private if they choose, it's not any of our business and if they choose to lie or whatever who cares, they are characters on a TV show. Watch them on TV or don't. 

Some posters are being too harsh on him.

painted is the same guy who had WAY too much to say about Britt Baker's personal life and habits a couple years back (at the start of AEW IIRC), so he obviously has a habit here.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, twiztor said:

painted is the same guy who had WAY too much to say about Britt Baker's personal life and habits a couple years back (at the start of AEW IIRC), so he obviously has a habit here.

You do realize I've known Brit since she was training. Nothing I said was false either. You wanna come at me come at me but I've had other workers agree with everything I said.

People like to gang up on here. They think it makes them cool.  I could give 2 shits. Like I said. I'm not wrong. You think it's weird that I care.  That's your opinion. But for someone to literally quit social media because fans were harrassing her over false rumours that weren't false after all is weird to me.  You don't want your personal business out, don't air it in front of millions. 

Charlotte and Andrade are doing it the right way.  Page and Alberto did it the wrong way. I'm sure I could go back in your 2000 posts twiztor and find shit things you said too if I wanted. But since you mentioned Brit. Her and I are on great terms. Saw her just a few weeks ago actually. I even admitted how much she's improved in the ring and how well she has gotten over in such a short time. See, I can also admit when I'm wrong.  Try it sometime guys

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

And had that weird twitter beef with IWTV & GCW ring announcer/ Paradigm Pro booker J Rose.

It was one day on twitter and I hurt his feelings so bad that he had to bring me up on one of their biggest live shows. I wasn't wrong there either. He tries to get himself over more than the product.  Another time where over a handful of workers publicly thanked me for calling him out.

The unifying thread here seems to be his obsession with other people's personal lives, whether it be the lives of Sammy and Tay ("They HAVE to tell the truth about their relationship!"), Britt Baker's life ("The DVDVR board HAS to know what she's really like!"), or, apparently, the life of this Rose guy (didn't even know about that one).

Which, again, is SO WEIRD in the context of pro wrestling, a job that for so long kept everything personal completely hidden.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

The unifying thread here seems to be his obsession with other people's personal lives, whether it be the lives of Sammy and Tay ("They HAVE to tell the truth about their relationship!"), Britt Baker's life ("The DVDVR board HAS to know what she's really like!"), or, apparently, the life of this Rose guy (didn't even know about that one).

Which, again, is SO WEIRD in the context of pro wrestling, a job that for so long kept everything personal completely hidden.

seems like you are obsessed with me right now?  Here's the thing: Don't put your shit out there for the world to see if you can't handle it.  it's that fucking simple.

Tay was literally on Sammi's lap a couple weekends ago and then denying it when people called her on it. That to me is bullshit and should be called out. If you think it's "weird" good on you. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.  But it happened and that's a fact. 

The Brit stuff was true. A lot of people were high on her early on and I told people the truth about what she had been like up to that point. 

The J Rose stuff. Also True. The guy puts himself over instead of the talent. Watch his introductions and you can see it. Hell you probably can't make out half of the names he is trying to say because he has to go all out. With Justin Roberts you can understand him, with J Rose you can't. Huge difference. 

Wrestling never kept personal things hidden. They tried hard but remember the Cocaine busts in the 80's? Anyone who wanted to know things easily could have subscribed to newsletters and gotten the info they wanted. Was it all true and how many people paid or cared to know?  That's the bigger question. 

2 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Here's the thing: Don't put your shit out there for the world to see if you can't handle it.

The Brit stuff was true. A lot of people were high on her early on and I told people the truth about what she had been like up to that point. 

That doesn't sound like Britt "put her shit out there." Sounds like you made the decision for her.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

That doesn't sound like Britt "put her shit out there." Sounds like you made the decision for her.

no actually she did. She used to go to AIW and bad mouth IWC and vice versa. Workers actually resented her because as you may know, many of the same people work both companies.  True story. Many people here may not have known that.  People were speaking of her as if she were the second coming of virgin Mary. I figured I'd throw in some honesty. Whether you believe or not is on you. 

Goldberg pretends to be a good guy, but he didn't call Bret Hart for EIGHT MONTHS after giving him his career-ending concussion.

Just throwing in some honesty, which is necessary to do every time his name is brought up.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Let me transport you to a pre-AEW world. Britt Baker works an NXT match. Nobody has said anything in this thread about regarding her highly. You introduce to the thread news of her apparently suffering an injury. Two posts later you're going off on her being a snob, prior to Eddie paying her even the softest of praise. And then you really go off.

https://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7257-nxt-oct-17-2018-tv-spoilers-taped-920/

Just so people can judge for themselves vs how you've chosen to colour things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Let me transport you to a pre-AEW world. Britt Baker works an NXT match. Nobody has said anything in this thread about regarding her highly. You introduce to the thread news of her apparently suffering an injury. Two posts later you're going off on her being a snob, prior to Eddie paying her even the softest of praise. And then you really go off.

https://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7257-nxt-oct-17-2018-tv-spoilers-taped-920/

Just so people can judge for themselves vs how you've chosen to colour things. 

Yep and it's all true too. I love how you like to bring up the past like you actually know anything of value. I admit to what I said. I also admitted that she changed too.  But what can I expect from a guy with 12,000+ posts and probably 0 life outside of this board.    

Let me ask you John, do you know Brit?  Can you prove me wrong?  YOu want to come at me do it but be wise.