DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Kang

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I can no longer count or read because of all of my years exposed to WWE. 1, 2....4? Fuck!

I absolutely sincerely hope that Vince was right about kids being stupid and some kid in 1998 or 1999 on some test wrote X7 on a test because of WWE. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Let's call Wrestlemania 30 "The 30th Anniversary of Wrestlemania" because words and numbers mean whatever the fuck we want them to mean and fuck you.

I'm honestly sad they didn't have Mania 30 in the middle of the attitude era, because, and that's the reason I named the thread this so many years ago...  you just know they would have called it WRESTLEMANIA TRIPLE X!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm honestly sad they didn't have Mania 30 in the middle of the attitude era, because, and that's the reason I named the thread this so many years ago...  you just know they would have called it WRESTLEMANIA TRIPLE X!

Attitude Era or not, you KNOW there had to be a team of trusted staff talking Vince out of that every single day all the way up to the event.  Like they'd shoot it down all day long and explain over and over why it couldn't be called that, and then he'd wake up the next day and fight for it again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Guest host Vin Diesel 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

3.   Is it really a surprise ambush if we can get Kevin Dunn and his gang of 20 cameras shooting every possible angle in 10 seconds

And the shaking, my god, the shaking. Watching this literally made by eyes hurt.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I absolutely sincerely hope that Vince was right about kids being stupid and some kid in 1998 or 1999 on some test wrote X7 on a test because of WWE. 

"What's 25 + 6?"

"Play Button!"

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Now that they don't number the Manias my lizard brain can't differentiate them past 30. They all blur together.

same. within a couple years, they stopped numbering them and stopped including the HoF ceremonies with the dvds, so i stopped buying them. and now they don't even make WWE DVDs!

cheap plug: i watched all the invasion-era cards a couple years ago. it may or may not surprise you to find out that they were overwhelmingly not good. the "wind beneath my ring" promo was the 8/20/01 Raw. i don't even remember talking about Austin's watch bit because it never ended up meaning anything.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

same. within a couple years, they stopped numbering them and stopped including the HoF ceremonies with the dvds, so i stopped buying them. and now they don't even make WWE DVDs!

cheap plug: i watched all the invasion-era cards a couple years ago. it may or may not surprise you to find out that they were overwhelmingly not good. the "wind beneath my ring" promo was the 8/20/01 Raw. i don't even remember talking about Austin's watch bit because it never ended up meaning anything.

God bless you for your Christ-like sacrifice. Speaking of the last two decades of WWF/E. I just watched  MarkyD’s YouTube video of Wade Barrett’s run with the Corre. What a waste of time for that collection of mediocre talent. Or maybe it might just be blamed with all the blah booking happening, and not so much the talent on display.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

God bless you for your Christ-like sacrifice. Speaking of the last two decades of WWF/E. I just watched  MarkyD’s YouTube video of Wade Barrett’s run with the Corre. What a waste of time for that collection of mediocre talent. Or maybe it might just be blamed with all the blah booking happening, and not so much the talent on display.

Once again, there will be no disrespect of THE CORRE on my watch.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What an amazing moment… Somebody actually recognized them that day.?

I'm actually also the unofficial 4th member of 3MB, but that's another story for another day... ?

Edited by Infinit
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Peck said:

Speaking of, whatever happened to that largely-forgettable dude from Ring of Honor, Jay Diesel?  He kinda just fell off the face of the earth.

Oh shit I forgot about him.  Google yields nothing except it seems he retired.  He once teamed with Jay Lethal against the Briscoes.  So we had 3 “Jays” in one match.