DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Kang

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It all depends on if he got a no cut clause in his contract.

I believe SRS is reporting he didn't.  He also reported that sources in AEW told him AEW wasn't close to matching WWE's offer.  Take it all with the requisite grain of salt, of course.

So as mentioned, we could get a best of both worlds situation where Owens gets as much as he can now and will get released to AEW sometime later whenever Nick Khan wakes up on the wrong side of the bed.

EDIT: Dave is reporting 2-3 million per year for three years, no no-cut clause.

Edited by Technico Support

Vince Russo thinks that Nick Khan & the Rock will eventually buy WWE.  That would be interesting, at least.

Was a little surprised to see a photo of Nick Khan & Rock show up in my Twitter feed.  Apparently they're longtime friends - childhood, maybe? - and Khan's sister is one of Little Rock's producers.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Vince Russo thinks that Nick Khan & the Rock will eventually buy WWE.  That would be interesting, at least.

Was a little surprised to see a photo of Nick Khan & Rock show up in my Twitter feed.  Apparently they're longtime friends - childhood, maybe? - and Khan's sister is one of Little Rock's producers.

Russo is a clown, but it does make one wonder. Out of curiosity, did Nick Khan have a role in the XFL sale? 

3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

If you think HHH is miserable now, just wait when THIS happens. I fear for his heart if that ever comes to pass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I don't listen to anything Vince Russo says,  he could come back from the future with a sports almanac and I'd still think he was full of shit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

15 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

It’a funny how much people who have never met Owens or Vince know what’s going on inside their heads.  It’s possible Owens just took the money.  It’s also possible that Owens likes the crowds and his co-workers and doesn’t dislike Vince as much as fans want him to.  It’s even possible AEW wasn’t as interested as we think they are wete.  I dunno.  I must have forgotten to ask Tony how much he offered KO last time he came over for tea.

KO made the best decision for him and and his family.  I don’t have a clue about what he was offered or what he was thinking when he decided to re-sign, so I’m really confused how the rest of you know him so well. Odds are Owens decided to re-up after thinking about a variety of factors we have no clue about.

Hopefully this doesn't startle you too bad, but you're on a wrestling message board. We talk about wrestling here and the wrestlers that wrestle. Not a single person has said hey brother just got off the phone with my boy Steen and this is why he signed with WWE. Just people making conversation and guessing motivations. Nothing to get worked up about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Yup. Read a whole story unrelated to Russo with Rock talking about how Khan would come to Hawaii when they were kids and they’ve been friends ever since.

Anytime I see a story with “Former WWE writer” I automatically know to ignore it because it’s Russo. It’s amazing he EVER had a job in wrestling considering how out of touch with it he has always been. 

32 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

He only figured out they were selling drugs because of their proximity. 

In other words, they wouldn't have been busted if they hadn't been standing so close to him.

Yeah, that and the red light were a dead giveaway. 

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Having had my own battles with depression and mental health, my god did I feel "I don't deserve it. Who's going to try to rip this from me?" Eddie is fucking awesome and I respect the guy for being so open about his struggles.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Phil4126 said:

Having had my own battles with depression and mental health, my god did I feel "I don't deserve it. Who's going to try to rip this from me?" Eddie is fucking awesome and I respect the guy for being so open about his struggles.

All of this. I also have depression and it sucks.

• Like 2