DVDVR Message Board

December 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Kang

So, Alyssa Marino (an indie wrestler) tweeted about how commentators should commentate on Women's matches as if they were wrestling matches, and not just comment on how attractive the competitors are. Mentioning no names, but talking about her own experiences in the indies. And Corey Graves, of course, assumed she was talking about him.

And everyone thinks he's a twat again.

• Like 2

It was really an incredible self own on his part.  I mean she could be talking about a number of pervy borderline creepy indie commentators who talk more about female wrestlers bodies then their wrestling and Corey just looks at this and almost immediately thought "well she is clearly talking about me"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Didn’t he tweet something else after that actually referencing his commentary during Carmella matches? And it included the words “woke” and “virtual signaling”, so you know right off the bat that he’s not in the right.

Well, he’s probably ON the right, but not the right side of this conversation. 

• Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, nate said:

I want to see this art.  Whatever happy little things he has in his head to put on canvas, I'm down for it.

He tried it on Raw but Morrison was having none of it. :55 seconds in. 

https://www.wwe.com/videos/jeff-hardy-covers-johnny-nitro-and-melina-with-paint-raw-september-11-2006

Dude, that's my painting!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Close.

That’s what I get for posting on my iPhone, fuckin’ autocorrect. But yeah. Thanks for posting the tweet too, I didn’t want to go to his Twitter.

6 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I shouldn't have read the replies to that tweet. People are awful. I hope that fan got the boot afterwards. 

Most of the replies were supportive of Bowens. There were a few that made me do the whole Professor Farnsworth, "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" thing.

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I don't know if this goes to Purge thread or not but according to Fightful Jeff Hardy has been released.   So whatever happened last weekend it was really bad

Yeah Meltzer on one of the radio shows this week was like "Hardy is one of those people like Randy Orton and Scott Hall in the WWE who seem to be bullet proof because people like him"

So much for that thought

Somewhere, Undertaker sheds a tear as another one of the last glorious vestiges of old school wrestling -- dudes being allowed to work while being totally fucked up -- is tossed aside.  These kids today are too soft, what with their video games, lack of locker-room stabbings, and desire for a safe work environment.

Edit:

Jeff refusing rehab is some straight up Umaga shit and we saw how well that worked out.  Damn.

Edited by Technico Support

didn't Jeff refuse rehab at one other point. i feel that is what led to him going to TNA. maybe my memory's off. 

edit: yep, i thought i remembered that! 18 years later. jesus.

Jeff Hardy's 2003 WWE firing was the result of him refusing to go to rehab for what he later said was crystal meth addiction.

from Bleacher Report

Edited by twiztor
history repeats itself