DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 12/1/21

Just Dave

Your boy will be there. Looking forward to some shit. Andrade v. Cody will be interesting, for the crowd reaction if nothing else. Ruby/Statlander will be a goodie. Punk in person will be dope. If they’re taping Rampage after we get ftr/Lucha 2-3 falls.

• Like 14

7 hours ago, just drew said:

Your boy will be there. Looking forward to some shit. Andrade v. Cody will be interesting, for the crowd reaction if nothing else. Ruby/Statlander will be a goodie. Punk in person will be dope. If they’re taping Rampage after we get ftr/Lucha 2-3 falls.

Have a good time. Cool getting to see Bryan Danielson, CM Punk and #FTR in person. Try not to Bash the Bucks too much ?.

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Have a good time. Cool getting to see Bryan Danielson, CM Punk and #FTR in person. Try not to Bash the Bucks too much ?.

So far it looks to be a buck free show. Which is my favorite kind.

Although, bucks/page & omega from last March in atl ruled ass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just occurred to me that I saw sting 25 years ago at Nitro at the Omni. My dad took me. It was awesome. Now I get to see him 25 years later in Atlanta for maybe his last match here. I got a little emotional. How can people not understand why we love this shit?

Edited by just drew
  • Like 16

5 hours ago, (BP) said:

A card with Sting, CM Punk, and Danielson all wrestling and it’s just another week of television for this promotion. Wild. 

Not only that, but it's the women's match I'm narrowly looking forward to the most. I'm kind of pulling for the Alien to win the title, seeing as she's been around forever and always puts on good matches. But that would require someone to beat Jade...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

Not only that, but it's the women's match I'm narrowly looking forward to the most. I'm kind of pulling for the Alien to win the title, seeing as she's been around forever and always puts on good matches. But that would require someone to beat Jade...

5 hours ago, (BP) said:

1-B420275-126-C-49-AA-BB26-C034-A739-C60
A card with Sting, CM Punk, and Danielson all wrestling and it’s just another week of television for this promotion. Wild. 

The scary thing is we are all getting use to this; like oh ho hum it's Wednesday. Thank you Tony. Sting appears to be really enjoying himself at 62 (my gosh it's amazing to write that). 

I hope Soho and Statlander get to just tear the house down. Chance for Statlander to really shine. Heck, she winning would not be terrible

• Like 2

Yeah, I think Soho is good, but not quite as good as she was hyped up to be. For me, Statlander getting the win is the right move. Stat vs. Jade final. I can see why they'd want to belt Jade and feature her heavily on TBS, but I'm not sure she's ready for it. She could, of course, grow into it. Statlander is a little inconsistent but is closer to her final form than Jade. Rosa ought to be the one to dethrone Baker at Battle of the Belts (Riho is probably challenging here, right?) or Revolution, but it'll be fun to watch Baker try to dodge Rosa's challenges for the next bit. I'm interested in where the Hayter story with Baker is going too. I really don't think they need as slow of a burn on that as we're getting with Wardlow and MJF. Really good group of women to build around though and the progress some of them have made the past 6 months or so is really encouraging. Hayt Club all day and Rosa are my favourites tho. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Yeah, I think Soho is good, but not quite as good as she was hyped up to be. For me, Statlander getting the win is the right move. Stat vs. Jade final. I can see why they'd want to belt Jade and feature her heavily on TBS, but I'm not sure she's ready for it. She could, of course, grow into it. Statlander is a little inconsistent but is closer to her final form than Jade. Rosa ought to be the one to dethrone Baker at Battle of the Belts (Riho is probably challenging here, right?) or Revolution, but it'll be fun to watch Baker try to dodge Rosa's challenges for the next bit. I'm interested in where the Hayter story with Baker is going too. I really don't think they need as slow of a burn on that as we're getting with Wardlow and MJF. Really good group of women to build around though and the progress some of them have made the past 6 months or so is really encouraging. Hayt Club all day and Rosa are my favourites tho. 

I think Jade still seems too green so I would rather her come close and not win (it can be a schmozz to protect her), and then have to fight her way back to the top of the rankings. Let her have more time working with vets who can guide her. 

I'm in Oklahoma this week for work so I can watch live. Last week's was really pretty meh but this week looks great on paper.

edit to add: last week was meh except the awesome women's match

Edited by JLowe
added a clarification
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, just drew said:

Just occurred to me that I saw sting 25 years ago at Nitro at the Omni. My dad took me. It was awesome. Now I get to see him 25 years later in Atlanta for maybe his last match here. I got a little emotional. How can people not understand why we love this shit?

I'm so old I saw Sting live at the 1988 Bash!  I might have seen him before that, need to look through arena histories.  :)

• Like 3

Somebody take a time machine back to 2017 or 2018 and try telling me that in 2021 I would be watching Sting vs Billy Gunn in a tag match, and be tickled pink to be doing so, and I'd enjoy the hell out of the match... 'cuz I don't think I'd believe you.

Loved Darby killing himself, as always. 

Dug the great wrestlers making young guys look really good in the first two matches. 

Dug the crowd going crazy for Cole and Cassidy facing down. Nice way to let the crowd pop for those entrances.

Was proud of @just drew for not jumping the rails and going all Krav Maga on the Bucks! Nice show of restraint!

A Wardlow squash on Dynamite is jake with me.

This whole tbs Tournament has just been a festival of good matches.

You know me, I love a nice show of respect after a hard-fought match. I wouldn't mind Ruby Soho becoming Best Friends adjacent.

I like Andrade wearing a necktie to a street fight!

I felt kinda bad for Cody getting booed while taking a beating in his home town.

Don't really feel like I needed to see a flaming table spot.

Ho hum, another great show. Hope I never actually start taking it for granted.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I feel that Ian Rotten will be calling my house at any minute and asking me for money otherwise IWA-MS will have to shut its doors forever.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love how Wardlow ditches the obviously cooperative Brock Lesnar/Takaiwa triple powerbombs where the powerbomber clutches the wrists and the powerbombee just does crunches.

Hook standing next to Taz for at least half an hour is one of the most quietly absurd things I've seen in wrestling. After the bag of chips, after everything, Hook is turning into the closest thing wrestling has to a German Expressionist art film or sumn.

When Ruby debuted I figured everybody was gonna remember than she wasn't really an A+ workrate type and she'd come crashing back to Earth, but that was the best bell-to-bell performance I've seen from her since maybe ever.

Cody's back was baffling until it wasn't. Anti-burn spray probably but like JUST WEAR A SHIRT DUDE YOU ARE BORN OF DUSTY RHODES' BALLS. And y'know what's really helping the "Chinga Cody" movement? When the lights go down I think I'm gonna see Malakai Black. When you realize it's just Cody yr whole guts just drop.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 5