DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 13

Dolfan in NYC

I don't have cable, can't watch, but...is Jones injured?

Or is this a bit?  Is Bill Belichick doing a bit?  On Monday Night Football?

(But really, though, this is kind of smart, keep running till they show they can stop you, and it gives them that much less direct experience with what you'd do in the passing game in a few more weeks (or whenever they play the 2nd game, 2 weeks, 3, whatever).)

Edited by Contentious C

I mean, not throwing unless you have to is obviously the right strategy in those conditions, but... They ran a QB sneak on third and 5! If it's not at least a little bit of Bill amusing himself, I'd be surprised.

Edited by Brian Fowler

For those of you who were wondering what was up with that last timeout

If a team has an injured player below two minutes. it costs them a timeout. Since the Bills had zero timeouts left, they get charged a fourth, excess timeout. However, the clock runs on ready to play (so they don't get any benefit from that). any further after the fourth is a penalty under the "Ok, now you're fucking with us" clause. So, originally, the Pats would have had to punt with approximately 20-25 seconds to go, but the extra time caused by the "excess" game stoppage (because it allowed us to run ANOTHER 40 seconds off the clock) meant that we never had to punt it. (and there was an injured player on the 2nd down play, if you go back, you can hear the ref telling the player "Yes, the play clock is reset and starts on ready to play"

5 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

borderline unwatchable unless you fiddled with the rabbit ears, Dean? ?

Handoff to Csonka!  Handoff to Kiick!  Handoff to Morris!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

CLOUD OF DUST~! baby!

three yards and a gust of wind?

But yeah, those kicks were moving like a 45 degree angle at some points.

One of the kickoffs could have been from their own 20 and would have gone through the uprights.

• Like 1