DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Great Expectations - 11/29/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I absolutely hate that finish/stipulation in the Main. If the whole purpose was for Owens to goad Seth in to attacking him so KO could be added to the Title Match, then why wouldn't Seth just punch Big E first and get Owens DQ'ed? It's the laziest of booking and it just makes zero sense.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Peck said:

I absolutely hate that finish/stipulation in the Main. If the whole purpose was for Owens to goad Seth in to attacking him so KO could be added to the Title Match, then why wouldn't Seth just punch Big E first and get Owens DQ'ed? It's the laziest of booking and it just makes zero sense.  

That stuff with Vince and Theory was something. If I wanted to read too much into it, I could see it as a meta commentary on Vince losing his marbles, and everyone scrambling to deal with it constantly. Or when Vince shit on the booking, as an admission that Raw is really The Muppet Show, and Vince is Statler training Theory to be his Waldorf.

But that's probably like seeing Lemmy in a burned grilled cheese sandwich, right?

I loved that ten woman match.  It was crazy and all over the place.  I loved that it gotta really stiff and intense at the end.  So Liv Morgan was the worker of the Morgan/Riott tagteam?  Rhea Ripley is so good.

• Like 3

Seth/Finn was good.

The Edge/Miz segment was decent if a bit long.

The Liv/Becky segment was decent, and the 10-women tag was good. That said, it also made you think even more how dumbass how they currently run Survivor Series is with the brand vs. brand bs.

Enojoyed the chaos of the women's tag and the progression of Liv Morgan.  The fact that she and Ruby never held the tag titles at least once is a crime. But no one believes she stands a chance next week after the shit job they've done building her up. 

1 hour ago, nate said:

AEW did it better.

And I don't really care so your point here is? 

I mean its fine if you think they did, but why are you going out your way to tell me specifically?

Edited by Eivion
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

And I don't really care so your point here is? 

I mean its fine if you think they did, but why are you going out your way to tell me specifically?

Whoa, I wasn't necessarily directing it at you per se, I was just using your quote to make a general observation.  The Miz/Edge confrontation was almost identical to the layout and context of the MJF/Punk confrontation, beat for beat.

Recently returned vet faces younger gen wrestler: ✔️;

Younger gen wrestler complains that the vet overlooked them as an opponent to face on their return: ✔️;

Reference to the other company: ✔️, and bonus points that this was the same wrestler referred to by the other company specifically;

Younger gen wrestler also happens to be a chickenshit heel who chickenshits out of the ring before any physicality can commence: ✔️;

Edge and CM Punk almost have the same grey patches in their beards & the same baggy eye look.

I mean, I had no idea how you'd read some kind of affront because I used a quote from your comment to segue into my own.  My intent was not to tinkle in your Post Toasties.

27 minutes ago, nate said:

Whoa, I wasn't necessarily directing it at you per se, I was just using your quote to make a general observation.  The Miz/Edge confrontation was almost identical to the layout and context of the MJF/Punk confrontation, beat for beat.

I mean, I had no idea how you'd read some kind of affront because I used a quote from your comment to segue into my own.  My intent was not to tinkle in your Post Toasties.

Everyone else managed to make general observations without quoting someone so why exactly did you need to quote me to make yours? It comes across as some weird bs tribalism attempt.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Everyone else managed to make general observations without quoting someone so why exactly did you need to quote me to make yours? It comes across as some weird bs tribalism attempt.

Is this a serious conversation that's happening right now??

I answered that question in my earlier post, to wit: I used a previous quote to segue into my own observation.  This literally happens thousands of times on this forum, I don't know why this one instance is a particular issue.  I wasn't negative to you, I wasn't insulting you, I said nothing negative.  

As far as "be tribalism", I don't know what you're talking about nor do I really care.  However, you clearly seem to be very sensitive about this issue specifically.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:21 PM, Overly Critical Man said:

lol imagine if someone went into one of the AEW threads and dropped a “WWE did it better.” without any further comment.

Dude, If HHH pulled out a stupid neck tattoo from under the ring and tossed it away during a shitty match? Damn.

• Haha 2