DVDVR Message Board

NXT WarGames V - 12/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Guess the TakeOver is complete?  

The card! 

FOR THE NXT CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Roderick Strong (c) vs. Joe Gacy

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Imperium (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly / Von Wagner 

MEN'S WARGAMES MATCH -  Team Ciampa (Tommaso Ciampa / Johnny Gargano / Pete Dunne / LA Knight) vs. Team Breakker ( Bron Breakker / Carmelo Hayes / Grayson Waller / Tony D'Angelo)

WOMEN'S WARGAMES MATCH - Team Raquel (Raquel González / Io Shirai / Cora Jade / Kay Lee Ray) vs. Team Dakota (Dakota Kai / Toxic Attraction (Mandy Rose, Gigi Dolin, and Jacy Jayne))

HAIR VS. HAIR MATCH - Duke Hudson vs. Cameron Grimes

Be interesting to see how the WarGames matches turn out. Best WWE one was either the very between Undisputed Era vs. Roderick Strong/Authors of Pain vs. Sanity at NXT TakeOver: War Games 2017 or Team Ripley vs. Team Baszler at WarGames 2019. WWE's WarGames matches tend to go too long as well.

Edited by The Natural

21 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

He Didn't!

He said he was being Fat Shamed & talked his way into getting Strong to make Bivens waive the weight limit so Strong could get his hands on Gacy. 

So Gacy's obviously winning.

Edited by Dog

Curious to see how the War Games turn out. Even with the newer people both matches have enough vets and good talent that should be solid at worst.

Tag titles match will be good regardless of who challenges though with the rumors of Walter moving to the main roster I wonder if Imperium is losing the belts to go with him.

Not super interested in Gacy/Strong. Gacy has been fine in the ring, but every time he speaks I tend to want to change the channel with his current gimmick. He wasn't the best choice to challenge strong. Jiro would have been better.

5 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Looking forward if they decide to change the Cruiserweight title into the Openweight title. 

Having it define a style instead of a weight limit, like the X-division title on Impact/TNA, is not the worst idea, at all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dog said:

This looks positively dreadful.

I can't believe they're still doing TakeOvers with this roster.

I have seen every single episode of NXT from the very first one up until Halloween Havoc, but that show was the last straw for me.

Is it worth giving it another shot for this show? Probably not.

Both WarGames matches do not look very promising on paper.

Imperium vs. Legado del Fantasma should be good, but it'll probably be the other team in the match.

Strong vs. Gacy and Grimes vs. Hudson could be decent.

Women's War Games was good. The injury with Cora was an interesting choice to play with. Dug Io trying to fix Cora's shoulder. Made me think of the Fire Festival finals where Masato Tanaka legit pulled a Riggs so he could finish the match. Did think things felt kind of short after Mandy entered. Felt like it could have been drawn out just a pinch more. Also disappointed Gigi teased a bag that was almost certainly full of tack only to never use it. Cora getting the big win was a surprise.

Imperium vs. KOR/Wagner was great. Its both amazing and kind of frustrating that Von Wagner can keep up and deliver in a match at this level. The man is stupid good for his level of experience and lack of any personality. That post match ending leaves me confused as to whether Kyle is staying or going.

Grimes/Hudson & Strong/Gacy were solid. Dug the post match shenanigans in Grimes/Hudson.

Men's War Games was fantastic. Kind of surprised they didn't go the route of Gargano taking the fall or some sort of swerve with D'Angelo & Knight who both looked great. Honestly everyone came off pretty damn well. This may be up there with the best of the NXT War Games.

• Like 1