DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF: Championship Week

Robert C

At the rate coaches are getting booted - I should start the offseason thread now but I will wait till after championship week.

Temple has booted Rod Carey.

Carey was 12-20 over his 3 years at Temple - with 8 of those wins coming in his first season

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

No matter how crappy your team’s weekend was, at least you’re not an Oklahoma fan. 

The are up to 6 decommits on recruits so far - that includes QB Malachi Nelson who is class of 2023 (and again should teach kids to not commit till Senior year)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EVA said:

Dillon Gabriel announced he is transferring from UCF last week, too. Lots of QB talent in the portal for needy teams next year.

Also Bo Nix implied he is considering a transfer from Auburn after the season.

I'm sure the suitors* will be lined up around the block.

* - NAIA and junior college schools

A fun offseason project for some blogger/publication would definitley be to investigate who lost the most money on an NIL deal for a player who turned out to be bad.

Or conversely, who got the most bang for their NIL buck. I feel like somebody could’ve won big betting on Kenny Pickett or Kenneth Walker III futures in August.

Edited by EVA

10 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

I said elsewhere that every time some mouth breather says "Paying college kids a small stipend violates everything good about collegiate athletics!", I'm going to smack them with this tweet.

Don't even use the tweet,  just smack them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Bill O’Brien to the Fighting Irish. It’s meant to be.

Honestly, I think BOB being such a terrible GM has led to him being somewhat underrated as a coach. I could see that working out at least fairly well.