DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 11/24/2021

I was watching on a delay due to fam stuff but man, as stated by @Jijithat first half wasn't great. Luckily everything from the awesome Rosa/Hayter match forward was GREAT. Cody's belt being thrown back almost felt scripted with how perfectly it rolls into the "what will he do? storyline. The heels winning and standing tall in the end was also intriguing. 

• Like 1

Darby Allin almost topped the running clothesline of MJF when  he hit the Ass Boy.  QT Marshall secretly looked great.  Hayter/Rosa was fucking awesome- that was fucking laying it in.  I am now intrigued by Jamie Hayter vs Britt Baker,  Bryan Danielson/Colt Cabana was great.  How over was Colt Cabana?  The main event was epic.  This HAS to lead to Black vs PAC or I will be very very cross.  BRAVO, AEW!  That was weird!

• Like 9

I think this show was Tony Khan hubristically showing us that he can do a generic WWE Raw format better than Vince can. Think about it, 20+ minute 'impromptu' opening promo, random-ass postmatch staredowns, distraction finishes leading to a roll-up. Main event being a random multi-man tag match of thrown together feuds. All WWE trademarks. All done better tonight than WWE does them currently.

• Like 15

The opening promo was great shit but I thought it went a bit too long. This is clearly going to be an extended program and they don't need to run through all the quality material right away. There's no reason for Punk's match to on as long as it did. QT is a jobber and Punk should have been fired up and pissed off and beaten him in minutes.

Dante eating Hook's offered chip made me laugh harder than it should have. Interesting to see where they go with this, especially when Darius comes back.

Hayter/Rosa was fantastic.

I get they want to do a little more with Darby and Team Ass, but I still don't want to see any of Gunn Club on tv. Bear Country really could have used that win.

Amdrag/Colt was fine, though it was more a segment to advance Danielson's feud with Page than a match.

Main event was fine but could have gone longer. They could have trimmed a chunk of time off the opening match to put in here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

I think this show was Tony Khan hubristically showing us that he can do a generic WWE Raw format better than Vince can. Think about it, 20+ minute 'impromptu' opening promo, random-ass postmatch staredowns, distraction finishes leading to a roll-up. Main event being a random multi-man tag match of thrown together feuds. All WWE trademarks. All done better tonight than WWE does them currently.

If it was a WWE show that delicious Friendsgiving dinner would be getting worn instead of eaten for sure.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Rosa/Hayter was so good. 

Rest of the show was either good or great. Dante joining Team Taz was a shocker. That 8 man...so fun. 

From early NXT to Dynamite....Wednesdays has really become THE wrestling night for me. Used to be Mondays...but those days are long gone.

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 3

I thought the opening promo segment was the highlight of the show.

”You might as well be preaching hustle, loyalty, and respect at this point”

and “You’re just a less famous Miz” were my favorite lines.

I also thought the women’s match was really good. Thunder Rosa is a beast.

I liked Danielson beating up Colt Cabana and the Hangman confrontation. 

However, I don’t like Hangman challenging him to a match after he just had a match. Why wouldn’t he just say let’s do it next week, instead of letting more of his friends get beat up? At least make the heel avoid the match.

The main event was typical chaotic AEW tag multi-person style but the best part was Arn and Tully facing off. Glad Malakai didn’t lose another match too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (BP) said:

If it was a WWE show that delicious Friendsgiving dinner would be getting worn instead of eaten for sure.

At least Britt threw Chekhov's bun.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Amazing opening segment. Definitely stood out as so much more effective and actually different since in-ring promos don't usually open the show. Punk had my favorite lines with the Miz dig and the Rosie O Donnell line. MJF's Cena jab would've hit harder if Punk hadn't already played to that on his own in the Kingston match. Great great start to this feud delivering. 

Definitely did not expect Dante to join Team Taz. Like seeing more Gunn Club and their feud with Darby continuing. Rosa/Hayter as stated was excellent. 

Bryan/Colt felt rather short but was enjoyable while it lasted. I like playing up their history in the build up plus Excalibur bringing up their 5 previous matches together. Still didn't expect Bryan to be heeling it up so much so soon. 

Great exciting main event, love that we get a 4 on 4 on Thanksgiving Eve. 

• Like 4

Has Darby replaced Black Warrior yet at doing the world’s most dangerous tope?

That opening is not how AEW works to their strengths most weeks on four shows per.  I haven’t watched the first segment on a WWE show since Roman Reigns told us that it was “…My yard now.” after one of those Wrestlemanias a few years ago.  My tolerance has decreased completely for those long intros for WWE Toastmaster segments on every single WWF program even before it had the F get out.  I think the phrase “too cute by half…” applies just as well, no?  

I like Punk and MJF.  Either man as good in the ring as he is on his promos. These are two of the best talkers I’ve witnessed since WWE won the Cola Wars back in 2001.  These overstuffed gab sessions just are not an efficient way to push an issue no matter HOW great two or more consenting adults might be at cutting the regular length good kind of promos.  Punk used to wrestle his matches that way in IWAMS & ROH.  Too cute by half…synergy!

Edited by Ryan Faulconer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

MJF and Punk was so great they really straddled that shoot line well.     Cowboy and Bryan were awesome too..   Some decent matches.   Tremendous all around show. 

Whenever the next PPV.....   $$$$

I’ve gotta imagine at the very least we’ll be getting Baker vs Rosa at Battle of the Belts in January. They’ll probably save Danielson/Hangman for Revolution.

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

I’ve gotta imagine at the very least we’ll be getting Baker vs Rosa at Battle of the Belts in January. They’ll probably save Danielson/Hangman for Revolution.

There are only so many dorks in the order whose heads he can kick in. I would think either the debut episode of Dynamite on TBS or Battle of the Belts has got to be the date for Hangmin and Danielson.

I don't think Dante is actually joining Team Taz. I mean, I totally understand the pull that Hook has on all of us, but they aren't turning their brightest prospect high flyer heel. The "psych" is coming. Team Taz should really win this feud tho. Dante isn't going to lose anything by dropping falls to the likes of Hook, Hobbs, Starks, or Hook. 

Great show all around. Opening segment was my jam. I bet that was super fun for MJF.

AEW does a great job playing to the strengths of their talent. Punk and MJF? Let em talk. Darby? Flying squirrel entrance.

Dug Cabana/dragon. Thought Danielson gave too much to Bowens a few weeks ago. This new heel run has him giving a lot less to the lower card talent. Enjoyed the brevity. Contrasts well with Punk fighting from underneath in most of his matches so far. 

Danielson had one of the best underdog babyface runs in wrestling history, but is somehow better as the bully. Just GOAT things I guess.

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 4

Gunn Club have one of the best themes in AEW

The spot with Darby hitting the flying tackle out of nowhere totally felt like a reference to what happened to Seth the other night, on a night full of shots at WWE.....

The Dante booking is super interesting.....

I loved Rosa and Hayter starting with what felt like a minute of a dueling lockup/headlocks that went down and up and back again without either letting go the entire time.  That immediately got me into the match and kept me interested

Main event was loaded with star power.  Whoever said they love this version of the Codyverse more than the one they didn't care about earlier (I'm gonna quote you after I post this) read my mind.  The heat is off the charts for this, so keep running with it

I do have to say tho, much like I felt it was unsafe for Montez Ford to be backhanding razor sharp slices of Pizza into the unwashed masses on Sunday night, Cody might want to lay off the weight belt tossing.  That thing could really poke an eye out!

• Like 1