DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 11/24/2021

November 24th, Thanksgiving Dynamite in Chicago!

Will AEW be able to come up with a wrestling storyline anywhere near as electrically compelling as the saga of the stolen golden egg (as seen on the other channel)?
Unlikely, but you gotta figure Cookie Monster Punk will get a huge crowd reaction going against Cutie Marshall
And you maybe gotta wonder if Colt Cabana's Chicago roots will be enough to get keep the crowd booing Brian Bryan?
You also probably gotta figure that after Andrade Malakai and Fear The Restholds all lost on the (excellent, excellent, excellent)  PPV that the heels are gonna win the 8-man tag... but who outa Cody Homelander, PAC, Fenix, and Penta el Gesture Spammer will take the fall?
Oh my golly! Oh my golly Rosa!! takes on Jaymie the Hayter in a tournament match, which could well steal the show. Then Rosa will face Jade in the tournament semis.

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Gordberg said:

Oh my golly! Oh my golly Rosa!! takes on Jaymie the Hayter in a tournament match, which could well steal the show. Then Rosa will face Jade in the tournament semis.

ROSA! OooooOooooOooooooo ROSA! ROSA! OoooooooOoooooOooooo ROSA!  ROSA!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Can't wait for Jamie to leave Brit and start her own stable, Hayt Club.

Love that.  They really oughta let her do more promos (as seen below).  I would be very surprised, but also very pleased, if Hayter found a way to strap TBS Gold around her very deserving waist.   

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

So stoked for Cabana-Danielson.  Neat seeing the classic Cabana in the Road TO clips.  He's clearly a better worker in 2021 than back then, but his charisma, and the way he would boldly strut around were so captivating.  It'd be great to see some of that hyper energy back in his game along with the sunglasses and most importantly the 'Copacabana' theme music (you could knock that one off as an instro rather than the OG).  I'm having a stream of memories of the fantastic Cabana-James Gibson ROH title fight from Buffalo in '05.  The crowd was biting at everything and fully behind the flamboyant star on the rise Cabana.      

It is really strange how this company that generally doesn't beat matches into the ground (sometimes not even doing a second match when it makes perfect sense) these four guys just keep going and going.

• Like 1

Some dumb movie is playing instead of this on the west coast, despite it being listed on the guide. NHL starts at 7 so looks like we’re screwed. 

edit: they just switched over. Just missed the first few minutes. 

Edited by matt925
  • Sad 1

Rosa and Hayter put on one of the best matches in the division's history. They beat the brakes off of each other. Tremendous. Those two are the best on the women's roster with Deeb third. Deeb isn't a very good promo whereas these two can talk and have better presence. Rosa should beat Britt, so I wonder if they have Britt shenanigans in the Cargill match but I don't think either Ruby or Cargill should be tbs champ tbh. 

Missed the first ten minutes but that first hour sucked. Never want to see QT on tv again and that should've been a squash. While Darby pouncing Austin ruled, waste of time getting there. 

Main event could've gone another 15-20. So much talent. Super match. 

Bryan and Colt felt underwhelming and the babyface champ challenging a guy after they already had a match wasn't good. 

Mixed bag but still it gave us two lovely matches 

• Like 2

I got a lot of legit lols tonight:

Reba's "awwww" when DMD tossed her roll

"No! We're not doing the DMD"

"A less famous Miz"

and so on...

Tully and Arn were the in-ring highlight of the night for me, and I in no way mean that as a slight on the rest of the action.

GREAT night for promos, obviously.

A little joke for the hardcore fans: That was a real Gut Check for Bryan. 

• Like 2

Thunder Rosa vs Hayter was excellent despite Rick Knox looking like the dumbest motherfucker who’s ever lived. 

It’s amazing how effective it can be having a taking segment open the show when it isn’t done every week. 

• Like 4