DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Eggscellent - 11/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

26 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The guy was apparently catfished by someone pretending to be Rollins and got swindled out of some money, it seems. Looks like he thinks he's part of the Samoan Dynasty, too. He was wearing a Bloodline shirt last night. So mental illness is on the table.

To be fair, that's probably 96% of Wrestling Twitter.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The guy was apparently catfished by someone pretending to be Rollins and got swindled out of some money, it seems. Looks like he thinks he's part of the Samoan Dynasty, too. He was wearing a Bloodline shirt last night. So mental illness is on the table.

So I've been following this for most of the day -

Apparently it's been going on since 2019 . Screenshots have been produced showing the guy had reached out to Seth Rollins tribute page, and the scammer reached out to him and convinced the guy he was the real deal. He "cut a promo" on Seth as soon as he got released from jail. There are some interesting left turns, including the guy's girlfriend supposedly getting arrested for posting bounced checks, and he's out several thousand dollars. Two comments I found to be the best I read on Reddit were 1) At first we were pissed at the guy and now we feel sorry for him and 2) this is the best WWE angle this year that's not actually an angle.

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe they can say Charlotte and Ric were behind it to get back at Becky thru Seth. 

Someone on Reddit came up with the theory that Smackdown did it cause they'd lose if Raw had Seth on their team. Unfortunately, it was farmed out to R-Truth, who instead of having him attacked during the Raw before SS he had it occur at the one after. (Kayfabe yes, but hilarious.)