DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Eggscellent - 11/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Seems like Becky doing the "traveling fanbase which shows up for big PPVs is acting shitty" promo right now is a little early since it could get even worse with more international travel possible in the upcoming months. Some of the exact crowd being talked about in that promo probably won't take the promo as inspiration to be less shitty because some people become bigger jackasses if a woman tells them they're being a jackass.

A reasonable portion of the problem is due to the WWE and not the fans.. but there's no shortage of shows from multiple feds where the fans in the best seats on the hard cam look completely disinterested in what's going on all night. Like if they were being held hostage and made to watch a 3 hour RAW, they wouldn't act much differently from how they usually act. Dimming the lights more is an idea even if it screams "we're covering up empty seats" but I wonder if it's possible for a fed to not have a set hard camera so we can see how disinterested the fans on the other side of ringside are during various matches.

Also might want to look at the show setup to see if there's some obvious weakspot where the security fucks up and lets people rush Seth Rollins. They're perennially lucky that people rushing wrestlers on live TV don't have a sharp object or anything that grim like what happened to Monica Seles (I'd think security is good enough to make it difficult for some jackass or unhinged person from being able to bring something like that into a show but you never know)

God I can't sit thru these anymore.  Watching this and AEW, this just comes off as another weekly primetime scripted tv show.  There's no energy or emotion.  Compare promos on from the two shows and there's so much difference.  I tried again to watch a Raw, but can't.

Plus the cutting, jumping camera shots make me nauseous.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

There's a more complete video of the fan attack where Seth doesn't look like he got COMPLETELY killed like he does in that first vid.  The fan doesn't come down on top of him and Seth actually grabs a choke for a bit.

Well, he does but he doesn't. He gets the guy in a front facelock, but does nothing to control his body, so the guy clears Seth's legs and gets to full mount really easily. Although once he gets there, he goes straight to hair pulling, so clearly the 'fan' doesn't know his Jits either.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yeesh.

Listened to Busted Open - said it was 5k.  In NYC which is WWE's backyard the night after what was at one time a huge PPV. I feel for the talent - that was painful. The hard part is we have seen WWE in transition historically but who is the young talent on the men's side who the next set? NXT is been reset completely (not that any NXT talent on the men's side has been successful).  We know that the first Diesel WWE champ run was largely the low point in the 90s - but the product is much more exposed these days.  Raw was an hour then - now they have 5 hours 

Edited by chriskbrown50
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Dog said:

Fuck that fucker.

What the fuck?

The worse is the fans clapping and high five him as he is doing the walk of shame up the aisle.  Plus what the fuck was PS Hayes doing.  Was he the last line of defense in case he avoided 5 WWE "security" guys

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The attack on Rollins has lead to a lot sharing of clips from the old chaos that would happen on Nitro

I had never seen this one of Dave Penzer lowkey killing a man

Larry Dale "don't call me Pee Wee" Anderson was not fucking around that night.

• Like 3