DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF: Week Thirteen

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Woo Hoo!  Finally!

Sadly, now we're stick with 4 more years of Harghbaugh.

Well that is interesting.  If you lose next week will he still get a pass for beating Ohio State today.  Would have to think so

I mean they should beat Wisconsin but talk about a possible hangover 

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Florida State actually lost their FCS game, although having UMass on the schedule makes it seem like two FCS games.

I never remember UMass is FBS. It doesn't compute. 

Man, what a win for Michigan. They truly looked like the better team all day. 5 touchdowns for Haskins - amazing! No way I'd ever have predicted 11-1 for this year. Guess they should have fired Don Brown 5 years ago like I was saying. 

30 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Man, what a win for Michigan. They truly looked like the better team all day. 5 touchdowns for Haskins - amazing! No way I'd ever have predicted 11-1 for this year. Guess they should have fired Don Brown 5 years ago like I was saying. 

Brown's defenses were such an enigma. Like, he had this system that was absolutely unbeatable if Michigan had comparable or better talent, but no clue how to make adjustments against superior athletes that gave his team a chance.

And the best positive play Bama has had in ages get nullified because an OL played without his helmet off, even though there was never a point where he could have safely disengaged from the play and, in fact, was headlocked and carried up the field by an Auburn defender.

Just one of those games, I guess.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Brown's defenses were such an enigma. Like, he had this system that was absolutely unbeatable if Michigan had comparable or better talent, but no clue how to make adjustments against superior athletes that gave his team a chance.

So, you're saying he's a terrible coach. I agree. 

This might be Saban’s Best coaching job since 2008. This OL is ASSSSSSS, and he still has them in the SEC title game. My guess is absolutely no one is going to look at it at that way after they get mud hole stomped by UGA next week, but I think it’s true.

I feel like people aren’t being totally fair to Tank on that play, and not giving enough credit to Jordan Battle. 

Tank didn’t go down because he thought he was going to get the first and ice the game; Battle ran him down from behind and PULLED him out of bounds before he likely knew what was even happening.

EDIT: Also, Battle was HELD on the LOS before coming back to make the tackle, and did so while avoiding a horse collar from an angle where it would’ve been really easy to make that mistake.

Edited by EVA

So obviously GA is number one. Michigan and Cincy are 2/3 in whichever order (mildly warm take: it's better to be 3 than 2. You can use it as bulletin board material that "everybody thinks they're better than us blah blah blah" while the game is exactly the same ether way)

Does Ok State jump from 7? Does Bama hold on despite barely escaping? Where's Notre Dame in all this?