DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF: Week Thirteen

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Florida (5-6) and Florida State (5-6) clash on Saturday in the Bowl Eligibility Bowl~

Somewhere the ghosts of Steve Spurrier and Bobby Bowden are smiling.

Ah yes, a pair of teams with FCS wins trying to get to .500.  They've certainly lowered the bar a bit in the sunshine state.

Aaand like I said weeks ago, all the hand-wringing over Cincinnati was for not. If they win out, they’re in. Everything they needed to happen has happened. Even Bama beating Georgia would not keep them out at this point.

Because I'm trying to conjure up positive vibes or whatever, I'm watching the 1995 The Game where Biakabutuka went for 313 on the ground to upset the undefeated Buckeyes.

It's amazing how different the sport was. So much more rushing, full backs, "pro sets" and similar... 

Also, as much as this is the Touchdown Tim game, Jesus Christ Orlando Pace was great.

• Like 1

In terms of what Michigan is bringing to the table, this seems like it should be their best chance to win since the double OT game 5 years ago. Unfortunately, Ohio State’s offense appears to have achieved Death Star status, and its very hard to imagine anyone besides Georgia being able to slow them down or anyone in the country being able to keep up with them in a shootout.

Really, Cincinnati in the playoffs will be a fun conversation piece, but it’s clear right now that Georgia and Ohio State are far and away the two best teams in the country, and we’re really just killing time until we get to that game. And, at this point, I would heavily favor Ohio State in that game, because we’ve yet to see Georgia get pushed enough on defense for their offense to really have to operate under any kind of pressure, and I will take everything Ohio State has on offense over Stetson Bennett and LADD MCCONKEY.

6 hours ago, EVA said:

In terms of what Michigan is bringing to the table, this seems like it should be their best chance to win since the double OT game 5 years ago. Unfortunately, Ohio State’s offense appears to have achieved Death Star status, and its very hard to imagine anyone besides Georgia being able to slow them down or anyone in the country being able to keep up with them in a shootout.

I want Michigan to win, obviously, and I think they're good enough that it's not impossible, but I don't expect it.

The obvious blueprint is Michigan hits Stroud often without having to blitz. They have two fantastic rush ends. But Stroud has only been hit on something like 18% of drop backs without a blitz. Then step two is the running game stays ahead of schedule and keeps Ohio's offense on the sidelines. 

If this turns into Michigan's corners vs the Buckeye receivers, Michigan has no chance.

Ohio probably wins, but Lord I can hope for another day.

My "good vibes please" watching has taken me through the 96 game as well (and Lord knows I will take Michigan winning solely because of getting an absurdly lucky break again in a heartbeat) and now I'm into 97.

Might try to watch either '69* or 03 before I go to bed tonight too.

*Nice

Nick Saban is getting tired of people bitching about his team being a one loss and only winning by smaller than usual amounts.   Great rant and completely correct 

The funny thing is listen to all these talking heads praising Saban comments while also saying that Cincinnati shouldn't be a top 4 because they can't beat a Central Florida by 30

Needs to snow a little harder in Ann Arbor for my liking 

Edited by hammerva