DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

Don't knw Echo at all, but i dug the backstory they built up and her reasons for hunting down Ronin. The bonding between Kate and Clint was fun and had a more sweet moment than expected when she was transcribing the phone call with Clint's son.

I'm with Casey on Jack & Eleanor being the villains though I so hope there is some Kingpin involvement somewhere. We need D'Onofrio back in the role.

• Like 3

I still think Reed is the most likely choice to buy the former Avengers tower, but I do think Kingpin is for sure involved in this. It's either that, or again feeding off of fan speculation so it's not so obvious that Lalo is the big boss and the one who shook Maya's hand. 

Best episode yet though. Lots of good action and comedy. 

PIZZA DOG

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 1:55 AM, RandomAct said:

Being that they already changed how Echo's dad was killed in this, it feels like the producers' way of being able to pivot away from Kingpin in this story if they have to.  The scene in the dojo(and everything else in this show) really points to Fisk,but I refer to my earlier post about these shows never really going with the most sensible theory. With that said, I think we get Swordsman revealed as the boss here(even if he feels like a red herring himself), and then find out at the end that he wasn't really the boss.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's already a pretty big issue to me how much they've changed Echo's backstory already, especially if they are going to use Echo and make her own miniseries.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:16 AM, TheVileOne said:

Thus far, I think Hailee Steinfeld is the best part of the show. I've never been a fan of Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Just seems like he's being a deadbeat dad here and abandoning his kids for the holidays so he can mess around and play vigilante. 

Eh.  Shit tends to explode around you when you are an Avenger.  I actually think that Barton's doing the proper dad thing by getting his kids out of harm's way while he handles business.  What's Hawkeye supposed to do?  Turn a blind eye to the obvious criminal shenanigans of the Tracksuit Mafia and let someone else handle it?  Who else is there?  MCU has been pretty good about lowering the ridiculous number of superheroes per square foot in NYC that Marvel Comics established back in the day.

Now that the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man will be tackling the multiverse and the Eternals heralding more things cosmic for the MCU, it's good to have a street level superhero plot again in the advent of Netflix Marvel and Spider-Man: Homecoming.  I like what I have seen so far and it will be cool to find out what is up between Echo and her "uncle."

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Eh.  Shit tends to explode around you when you are an Avenger.  I actually think that Barton's doing the proper dad thing by getting his kids out of harm's way while he handles business.  What's Hawkeye supposed to do?  Turn a blind eye to the obvious criminal shenanigans of the Tracksuit Mafia and let someone else handle it?  Who else is there?  MCU has been pretty good about lowering the ridiculous number of superheroes per square foot in NYC that Marvel Comics established back in the day.

Now that the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man will be tackling the multiverse and the Eternals heralding more things cosmic for the MCU, it's good to have a street level superhero plot again in the advent of Netflix Marvel and Spider-Man: Homecoming.  I like what I have seen so far and it will be cool to find out what is up between Echo and her "uncle."

Yes. 

27 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Yes. 

Yes to what?  Clint ignoring the Tracksuit Mafia?  That's not what superheroes are supposed to do, right?

Edited by J.T.

19 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Call Rhodey, Bucky, or Sam Cap.

When do the events of Hawkeye fall in relation to the events of Cap / Winter Soldier?  It would be kinda hard to call Sam Cap and Bucky if they are dealing with the Flag Smashers while this is going on.

Same for Rhodey when Armor Wars launches in 2022.  War Machine will have troubles of his own to deal with.

Also, Clint's kids know he's a superhero.  They might be a little put off by Clint shuffling them home or they might be like, "Dad, you're Hawkeye.  Why aren't you doing something?"

Edited by J.T.

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

When do the events of Hawkeye fall in relation to the events of Cap / Winter Soldier?  It would be kinda hard to call Sam Cap and Bucky if they are dealing with the Flag Smashers while this is going on.

Same for Rhodey when Armor Wars launches in 2022.  War Machine will have troubles of his own to deal with.

Also, Clint's kids know he's a superhero.  They might be a little put off by Clint shuffling them home or they might be like, "Dad, you're Hawkeye.  Why aren't you doing something?"

"It's OK dad. You don't have to come home for Christmas." 

20 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

"It's OK dad. You don't have to come home for Christmas." 

My daughter won't let me drive past someone with flashing lights on the side of the road without stopping to ask if they need assistance and I'm a normal dude.  I even have to make sure I have small bills in my wallet if we pass by a Salvation Army bell ringer when we are holiday shopping.

Kids expect their fathers to do the right thing regardless of the timeframe.  I think that Hawkeye's kids would think less of him if he allowed the Tracksuit Mafia to remain unchecked.  They know he's an Avenger and superheroes don't let bad guys operate with impunity.

Hawkeye is fresh off of helping to repel an alien invasion and restore half of all sentient life to the galaxy.  Why would his kids begrudge him for deciding to get to the bottom of the Tracksuit Mafia's shenanigans?

Edited by J.T.

Hey!  Yelena appears as scheduled!  So much for the not an official teaser bullshit!

Watch is probably some the obligatory secret microchip containing all evil plans nonsense.

Edited by J.T.