DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

• 3 months later...

caught whatever virus is going around, so binged Hawkeye today. i heard pretty middling reviews so was surprised how much i enjoyed it. the Kingpin appearance didn't get spoiled for me, so that was a pretty awesome surprise. 

highlight for me was Swordmaster and that moustache. this show did something that the MCU hadn't done up until this point: made Hawkeye interesting.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

caught whatever virus is going around, so binged Hawkeye today. i heard pretty middling reviews so was surprised how much i enjoyed it. the Kingpin appearance didn't get spoiled for me, so that was a pretty awesome surprise. 

highlight for me was Swordmaster and that moustache. this show did something that the MCU hadn't done up until this point: made Hawkeye interesting.

Get well soon.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I finally got around to finishing this and really liked it, maybe more than the other Disney shows except WandaVision.  I think what worked for me is that this felt like it was doing something that the other shows didn't or wouldn't, and that's to tie off as many threads as it creates new ones.  I think the only one of those that fell flat for me is how quickly Yelena should now be out of the hands of Contessa Elaine Benes and back towards the side of the angels; it makes you wonder where they're going to go with that.

I hope they're not going to have a lame re-appearance of Kingpin after that cutaway gunshot, but that is usually how these things go.

I'm looking forward to whatever new Avengers team they put together, regardless of who else makes it up, because Steinfeld and Pugh are magic together, and the rest is just gravy.

• Like 3