DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

On 12/22/2021 at 12:56 AM, Casey said:

The only negative is the whole Rolex subplot. Seems like it was just included to give Linda Cardellini a reason to be in this beyond "Clint's wife". I mean, cool she worked for SHIELD at one point I guess, but there was no reason for any of that really.

Not just a SHIELD agent. The numbering is important. She was the original Mockingbird.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, RandomAct said:

I feel like this will end up being the most poorly received post-credit scene ever. I can't be the only one that skipped to the end of it hoping for the "real" post credit moment(that never came).

I hate musicals so the post credits scene was torture?

I kept hoping there’d be a fun payoff, like they’d cut to the audience and we’d get Old Couple Steve and Peggy with disgusted looks on their faces.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For those that dont read the MCU coverage on the web. D'onofrio has done a bunch if interviews talking about returning to the role, MCU v Netflix Fisk and so on. Most are worth searching out. Since they're actual quotes and not just hot clicks. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I kept hoping there’d be a fun payoff, like they’d cut to the audience and we’d get Old Couple Steve and Peggy with disgusted looks on their faces.

Something like that would have been great. I'd have even loved a gag with Matt Murdock being like "even I can tell this is bad" or something.

• Haha 4

Rewatching episode 1, and I think it’s possible (although unlikely) Elenor killed Kate’s father.  He tells Kate he’ll be “downstairs” in his office, then right before the explosion, Elenor tells Kate she’s going “downstairs” for a minute.  

They also did a good job with the misdirect between Elenor and Armond. He seems like an asshole when he’s first introduced questioning her to Kate. Next is his exchange with Elenor which actually has him telling Elenor not to try to pull that on him and that he has powerful friends too, indicating she was the one threatening him. However, Kate shows up immediately questioning whether he was threatening Elenor and then he goes to a black market auction, which leads everyone to think he’s the bad one.

On 12/27/2021 at 9:26 PM, Technico Support said:

I hate musicals as well. The suggestion made by you and @RandomAct would have been much better.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2021 at 1:46 PM, odessasteps said:

For those that dont read the MCU coverage on the web. D'onofrio has done a bunch if interviews talking about returning to the role, MCU v Netflix Fisk and so on. Most are worth searching out. Since they're actual quotes and not just hot clicks. 

I did see the one where he indicated having him wear the Hawaiian shirt from Family Business was his idea, and he had the cover on the background of his phone. 

I think they were too secretive about having Kingpin be in this show and just relegating all his content until the last episode. Especially since there was no ceremonious reveal or anything. 

We are three episodes in so I am not reading the thread yet but I just wanted to say that I am thoroughly entertained by how much my wife and son hate Kate Bishop

• Haha 5

The love for Kate comes from her quirkiness and Steinfeld's charisma. Even with those she is pretty easy to dislike at times.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I literally texted my big-into-comics friend and said, "Are we supposed to like Kate?  Because her whole personality is "I'm rich and bored." "

She has heart, but that "rich and bored" aspect is exactly why Clint treated her the way he did for at least half the show.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I literally texted my big-into-comics friend and said, "Are we supposed to like Kate?  Because her whole personality is "I'm rich and bored." "

So Tony Stark.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 2:22 PM, RIPPA said:

We are three episodes in so I am not reading the thread yet but I just wanted to say that I am thoroughly entertained by how much my wife and son hate Kate Bishop

FHNgRShX0AQrHFv?format=jpg&name=large

Found this today and straight away thought of @RIPPA's post I've quoted.

Okay - since I skimmed through the thread and I was really entertained by how many of you worked yourselves into a shoot that it wasn't gonna be Kingpin.

That was the one thing I had spoiled for me for the series and it is was yet again a fucking entertainment site less than a week after the final Hawkeye episode came out being all VINCENT D'ONOFRIO WANTS TO BE IN ALL THE MARVEL STUFF NOW AFTER HAWKEYE (something like that). Guess I was supposed to spend Christmas binge watching because they couldn't keep it in their pants.

I want a Yelena/Kate Bishop buddy cop series

BTW - since we are all programmed to expect the worst now, the entire family was convinced that when Clint returned home for Christmas, the whole family would be dead.

I don't read the comics so if y'all hadn't been yelling about an "Echo" character - I would have no idea that is who Maya is. I also realized that I clearly missed some announcements because I didn't realize Echo was gonna to be getting her own show. (We waited till finishing the series before checking IMDB and interestingly for Hawkeye she is only labelled as "Maya Lopez" but on the Echo stub it is Maya Lopez/Echo)

Speaking of IMDB - my son and I got into a fight over the, as my son described him "small child" inserted into Rogers: The Musical. I kept telling him it was Ant Man but he wouldn't believe me. (I was right).

And say what you will but I am now tickled that there are people who have "Musical Chitauri" on their CVs

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, EVA said:

I tell you what—if the point of including Echo was to get me interested in her watching her show, it was a big whiff for me. Could not care less.

It's a case where they were able to find an actress who was representative of the role, Native American, deaf, but this is her only role ever and you wonder... well, I guess you don't wonder too loudly because it's 2021.

• Like 1

Her solo show just nabbed some writers from the Netflix versions of Daredevil and the Punisher, so. I’m pretty sure the show runner did some work on Better Call Saul, too. Seems like the show is in good hands.

Echo vs Kingpin will carry the show, and probably have the first suit-up of (red version) Daredevil.

• Like 3