DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

5 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Honestly I thought the credits scene for Hawkeye was more interesting than putting a movie trailer at the end of the new Spider-Man, especially when that movie trailer would just be on YouTube less than a week later.

I’m starting to wonder if they’re downplaying the post-credits a bit  until they’re ready to reveal who the next big bad, presumably of Phase 5 or 6 is.  Of course, if Fantastic Four is the end of Phase 4, then we could be getting some sort of tease soon.

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

I'm just realizing that none of us nerds pointed out that Clint dropped Kazi on his head with a German suplex (unless I missed such comment)...

My brother doesn't even watch wrestling and even he let out an audible ooh when he saw that.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 4:29 AM, TheVileOne said:

That episode sucked. What an underwhelming, anticlimactic reveal. That's not how you reintroduce Kingpin/Vincent D'Onofrio. Total crap. Mega crap.

iron-sheik-spit.gif

Love me an Iron Sheik gif but good god are you a negative Nancy in this thread lol. About half way through the thead I thought to myself like yeah maybe this guy should just turn off his Disney + and put something he enjoys on. Which I can only assume is either a compilation of puppy murders, or Brakkus matches.

I put off watching this because the idea of a Hawkeye show didn't get me motivated. But I'll be damned if this isn't my favorite of the D+ shows so far. Glad I binged it too. I avoided all the weekly speculation that was wildly off lol. Yelana, Kingpin, pizza dog, Echo, even Hawkeye and Kate... everything landed for me in this one. Some light and goofy moments, killer action, engaging story. Lalo from Better Call Saul being a dapper sword wielding maniac. An owl swooping away with shrunken track suit thugs. Anyone who didn't like this show is just... wrong.

I don't have any knowledge of the comics. I was never a comics guy. But I sure did buy the shit out of Marvel cards. I always liked the super hero art and creativity just not really into reading the comic books. So if this wildly differs from the source material, I could see that being annoying. But this was just note perfect to me for what I want out of these Disney shows. Florence Pugh is probably my favorite actor in the MCU now. Steals ever scene she;s in with that sarcasm and amazing comedic timing, even in serious scenes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Love me an Iron Sheik gif but good god are you a negative Nancy in this thread lol. About half way through the thead I thought to myself like yeah maybe this guy should just turn off his Disney + and put something he enjoys on. Which I can only assume is either a compilation of puppy murders, or Brakkus matches.

I put off watching this because the idea of a Hawkeye show didn't get me motivated. But I'll be damned if this isn't my favorite of the D+ shows so far. Glad I binged it too. I avoided all the weekly speculation that was wildly off lol. Yelana, Kingpin, pizza dog, Echo, even Hawkeye and Kate... everything landed for me in this one. Some light and goofy moments, killer action, engaging story. Lalo from Better Call Saul being a dapper sword wielding maniac. An owl swooping away with shrunken track suit thugs. Anyone who didn't like this show is just... wrong.

I don't have any knowledge of the comics. I was never a comics guy. But I sure did buy the shit out of Marvel cards. I always liked the super hero art and creativity just not really into reading the comic books. So if this wildly differs from the source material, I could see that being annoying. But this was just note perfect to me for what I want out of these Disney shows. Florence Pugh is probably my favorite actor in the MCU now. Steals ever scene she;s in with that sarcasm and amazing comedic timing, even in serious scenes.

I stand by what I said...and no.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

...but good god are you a negative Nancy in this thread lol. About half way through the thead I thought to myself like yeah maybe this guy should just turn off (INSERT MEDIA HERE) and put something he enjoys on. 

There's a good few folks on here who seem to rarely ever have anything positive to say, just shit on whatever, and I feel like this could be the perfect template reply ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, J.H. said:

I had to re-read that as I read that as "The Owl" who I thought died in Dareddevil S1 or 2

James

Daredevil S1. I missed Leland Owsley in subsequent seasons. Daredevil S1 is the best season closely followed by S3, S2 way back. I contend DD S1 and S3 are the two best live action Marvel has ever done.