DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

11 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

I feel like this will end up being the most poorly received post-credit scene ever. I can't be the only one that skipped to the end of it hoping for the "real" post credit moment(that never came).

Yeah, I wasn't a happy bunny.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

I feel like this will end up being the most poorly received post-credit scene ever. I can't be the only one that skipped to the end of it hoping for the "real" post credit moment(that never came).

Apt:

This is still one of the best Marvel Studios MCU mid-post credits scenes.

• Like 1

The highlight of the episode was Jack arguing with his nephew.  Where's their show, Marvel?

I assume that if an arrow to the chest, a car, and a bunch of exploding trick arrows can't kill Kingpin then a 9mm doesn't stand much of a chance.

I liked the  post-credits scene conceptually but didn't actually watch all of it.  Not everything needs to exist to drive the plot forward.

• Like 1

Again, give Tony Dalton all the awards. 

What a fucking fantastic finale. Watched it with my daughter and wife and we all had a really good time watching it. The Kate and Yelena stuff, everything with Jack, and Hawkeye and Yelena was awesome.

I still think Loki is the best series because it gave us two of the best MCU moments with Kang and GLORIOUS PURPOSE, but this was so much fun in a different kind of way.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I REALLY hope *that* Kingpin scene is just leading to a cliffhanger and isn't permanent. Otherwise I'll be pissed.

I feel like the first scene of the Echo show will be showing us what actually happened in that scene. If not then, then it will kick off an episode that follows an episode that ends with cliffhanger of Kingpin’s shocking return.

• Like 3

I loved the finale. The Kate/Yelena scenes were wonderful. Jack was great and I so want to see more of him. Dug Clint and Yelena's faceoff. Even the LARPers were fun additions. It was good seeing Fisk actually get in some action. Not really worried about them killing him though I'm surprised they teased it.

I can't think that they'd bring Fisk back only to have him die off camera soap opera style, so this is probably where the Echo mini-series will branch from.

Jack is great.  Definitely need more Swordsman in the future. 

I'm definitely thinking we need Black Widow II to be a Yelena / Kate buddy hero movie.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Kingpin didn't even flinch when an arrow stuck into his chest so I would assume that homeboy had a vest on, although they definitely put over his ridiculous strength and endurance when he's fighting somebody after getting run over by a car ???

38 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Kingpin didn't even flinch when an arrow stuck into his chest so I would assume that homeboy had a vest on, although they definitely put over his ridiculous strength and endurance when he's fighting somebody after getting run over by a car ???

I figured his clothes were still being custom made with kevlar, which was something revealed back in season 1 of Daredevil when Matt wanted to find out why Fisk was so invulnerable and he dragged the info out of Fisk's tailor.

• Like 2

Just now, Craig H said:

I figured his clothes were still being custom made with kevlar, which was something revealed back in season 1 of Daredevil when Matt wanted to find out why Fisk was so invulnerable and he dragged the info out of Fisk's tailor.

Kevlar Hawaiian shirt, does it get more badass than that?!

• Like 2

Just now, christopher.annino said:

Kevlar Hawaiian shirt, does it get more badass than that?!

Man, I laughed pretty hard at island fashion Fisk. The Hawaiian shirt with white blazer, slacks, and hat is the best a fat guy wearing a Hawaiian shirt has ever looked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, Fisk's tailor shops at the same fabric retailers as John Wick's does.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, RandomAct said:

I loved it. It's so cringe I was laughing my ass off.

• Like 2