DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

13 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

What a great scene of Yelena in the bathroom.  Showing the blip as an experience on both sides was kinda nutty.

Finally!  Getting the Kingpin back is great.  First and foremost, I just didn’t want to collapse of the Netflix Marvel stuff to go to waste.  D’onofrio’s performance in season 1 of Daredevil is one of my favorites ever.  So to say I marked out at the reveal is an understatement.  

Co-sign on all of this. I fucking love Daredevil Season 1 and Season 3. The two best live action Marvel has ever done.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong and this time... I'm glad I was wrong

(this dropping same week as No Way Home, not a coincidence. This was 100% planned to go with the reveal in that)

James

Edited by J.H.

10 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I've been having a real shitty week with some things and I will fully admit that the end reveal of Kingpin was absolutely what I needed to put the smile back on my face.

I'm having a shitter of a week also, sorry to hear you are and we needed that Kingpin reveal. Best wishes xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I agree with @TheVileOne about the speech to Natasha. “I’m sorry for what I’m about to do… which is intimidate someone whose father I killed into leaving me and my own family alone.”

Also, how long was their Uber escape ride? They escaped at dark and got out when it was light outside, which given the time of year it is, isn’t that early.

• Haha 1

Contessa is working for Kingpin, I’m calling it now. He owns Stark Tower now, and is forming the Dark Avengers or whatever you want to call them. I doubt Yelena will be involved with Contessa’s plot for too much longer. She’ll probably force Clint into retirement instead of killing him after he explains how Natasha died and he wanted it to be him.

19 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Anyone notice the show keeps returning to where the old Stark Tower building is but constantly avoids showing it?

We never found out who the new owners and tenants were in Homecoming.

There are lots of scenarios.  It could end up being OsCorp HQ after No Way Out, it could be turned into the new Baxter Building for the FF, Moon Knight's millionaire alias, Stephen Grant, could be bumped up to a billionaire and Marc Spector could hide his toys there.  

I have no idea how it will shake out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There are lots of scenarios.  It could end up being OsCorp HQ after No Way Out, it could be turned into the new Baxter Building for the FF, Moon Knight's millionaire alias, Stephen Grant, could be bumped up to a billionaire and Marc Spector could hide his toys there.  

I have no idea how it will shake out.

I know which of those scenarios...it won't be...

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Some of those scenarios are impossible.

Between the Quantum Realm, Infinity Stones, and the birth of the multiverse, I'd say that "impossible" is a dirty word in the MCU.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The issue with Marvel's NYC stuff is in most media, Fisk Towers, the Baxter Building, and Avengers Tower are all around the same area (Fist Towers is usually on 38th and 5th, Baxter is at 42nd and Madison, and Avengers Tower is where the MetLife Building is.  So it can be any of those 3, really.

DC fictional cities > Marvel real cities

I wonder how upset people might be if D'Onofrio doesn't actually appear next week. 

Also, I think I may have been wrong about the Tracksuits showing up at the Barton house. But that would be a chance to have her show off any Mockingbird skills she still has. 

I kind of suspected Kingpin the moment they announced Echo would be in this show. And then I knew for sure when they showed her father getting murdered. They switch things up, but usually not a WHOLE lot. Having the big boss of everything being just Eleanor Bishop (or Jack, like some people thought) would have been a maaaaassssiiiivvveee letdown.

I don't think showing Kingpin in a blurry cellphone picture at the end was a bad thing, either. I kind of doubt he's in much of the finale either. He'll be the villain for the Echo show, and that'll probably set up the soft reboot of Daredevil as well.

I wonder if we’re going to get more explanation about who hired Yelena to kill Clint/the connection between Elenor and Contessa.  The idea for Yelena to appear in Hawkeye actually came from the Hawkeye show runner, and the post-credit from Black Widow was added to set it up, so I assume they’ve thought it through.

On 12/15/2021 at 8:22 AM, Brandon Bones said:

What a great scene of Yelena in the bathroom.  Showing the blip as an experience on both sides was kinda nutty.

It was so damn cool to see the blip from the POV of someone not in Endgame!

The Yelena/Kate convo went waaayyyyyy too long. 

Looking forward to how they wrap up.  The the BOBA FETT show is next.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

The Yelena/Kate convo went waaayyyyyy too long. 

I was mainly thinking... "I'm betting @The Naturalisn't digging this scene."

The 9 year old seemed to dig it but she probably hasn't experienced too many super awkward scenes in TV shows/movies in her life. A few, but not many.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1