DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

Why would the big man in charge want Old Man Steve’s watch, though? Presumably if it’s his, there’s nothing special about it, right? I’ve read some other theories and now my answer(s) have changed to either Laura/Mockingbird, Fury or Hank Pym.

14 hours ago, Casey said:

Why would the big man in charge want Old Man Steve’s watch, though? Presumably if it’s his, there’s nothing special about it, right? I’ve read some other theories and now my answer(s) have changed to either Laura/Mockingbird, Fury or Hank Pym.

Well the watch was confiscated at Avengers compound ground zero. So old Steve leaving a Rolex there...it doesn't make sense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Would Steve even have a Rolex, even an Avengers one? He would have Tony market him an Avengers Timex. 

Sure.  Plenty of soldiers brought them back from Europe after WW2.

I think it's probably something more prosaic and the watch somehow connects Barton to Ronin.

For the record, Old Steve was just my initial gut impression while watching the episode, when he was talking about a friend in hiding who wouldn’t want to be found or whatever it was.  It makes much more sense that it’s somehow connected to Clint/his wife.

• Like 1

The only two people that we know of for sure that are in hiding are his wife (from Age of Ultron) and Nick Fury (from Far From Home). Either is likely, but one does have a show coming up on Disney+ next year…

1 hour ago, Casey said:

The only two people that we know of for sure that are in hiding are his wife (from Age of Ultron) and Nick Fury (from Far From Home). Either is likely, but one does have a show coming up on Disney+ next year…

Fury is off planet and doesn't really need protection from a bunch of Keystone Cops impressionists who listen to Imagine Dragons.

• Haha 1

Episode 5: Yelena Belova frees a Black Widow from subjugation but gets blipped to the same spot five years later saying she needs to let Natasha Romanov know she's alright not knowing Natasha's fate. There's a great sequence between Yelena Belova and Kate Bishop as the former tells her Clint isn't what he seems and she's going to kill him. Liked the scene when Clint talks to Nat at the plaque where the Avengers formed at the Battle of New York. Clint dons the Ronin garb and warns Echo away from his family or else. Yelena trails Eleanor and texts her the photo of Eleanor with the Kingpin thinking she should know. Clint says that's the guy he's worried about.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Episode 5: Yelena Belova frees a Black Widow from subjugation but gets blipped to the same spot five years later saying she needs to let Natasha Romanov know she's alright not knowing Natasha's fate. There's a great sequence between Yelena Belova and Kate Bishop as the former tells her Clint isn't what he seems and she's going to kill him. Liked the scene when Clint talks to Nat at the plaque where the Avengers formed at the Battle of New York. Clint dons the Ronin garb and warns Echo away from his family or else. Yelena trails Eleanor and texts her the photo of Eleanor with the Kingpin thinking she should know. Clint says that's the guy he's worried about.

1. Why go through all that with his wife on the phone, put the Ronin costume back on, not kill anyone of the Tracksuit goons and still let Maya live? Not to mention reveal his identity as Ronin which they still didn't know about. Would've made more sense if he attempted to kill Maya but Kate stopped him from going too far.

2. Who the frell has the frelling watch now? Did Kate not grab it in the last episode? 

3. If you're Ronin and your family is gone and you have nothing left to live for and you are targeting mob bosses and the criminal underworld, why do you leave Kingpin be during the Blip? Why do you not cut the head off the snake?

4. Kingpin clearly wanted Ronin to get rid of the Tracksuit Mafia goons because they're an embarrassment to him and he can't stand the sight of them. They operated out of a derelict KB Toys. 

Edited by TheVileOne

54 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Just watched episode 5...

FGoqWLGXIAEhQam?format=jpg&name=small

Kingpin played by Vincent D'Onofrio! Fuck yeah!

That blurry photo wouldn't even hold up in court. It looks like discount mall santa Kingpin. 

"Mr. Fisk, is this you?"

"I've made mistakes in the years since I was a boy. I tried to learn from them, but it isn't always enough."

"Alright then."

Spoiler

You know, it's almost like they timed this with a movie coming out this week that might just have yet another returning Netflix character... Hmmmmmmm ??

Potential spoilers for a movie, and I did not realize those emojis would be so gigantic...

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

What a great scene of Yelena in the bathroom.  Showing the blip as an experience on both sides was kinda nutty.

Finally!  Getting the Kingpin back is great.  First and foremost, I just didn’t want to collapse of the Netflix Marvel stuff to go to waste.  D’onofrio’s performance in season 1 of Daredevil is one of my favorites ever.  So to say I marked out at the reveal is an understatement.  

• Like 3