DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

So, who the hell is Laura, because she's *WAY* too adept at the spy game, speaks fluent German, that Rolex is obiviously hers, and it would also be a big reason that Fury would set up Clint's off-the-grid life...

Oh shit, Laura is a Mockingbird.

• Haha 1

I’d be willing to bet whatever little money I do have that Jack’s heel turn never comes and it’s a swerve. Within the MCU, he’s not Swordsman, he’s just a lovable, being played for a sucker, goof. Who also really likes swords.

• Like 2

So it's safe to say that if our boy Willie doesn't show up att the end of episode 5 then the odds of him appearing in episode 6 are kinda slim?
(Never thought I'd be referencing The Kingpin and the word slim in the sam sentence!)

James

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I’d be willing to bet whatever little money I do have that Jack’s heel turn never comes and it’s a swerve. Within the MCU, he’s not Swordsman, he’s just a lovable, being played for a sucker, goof. Who also really likes swords.

So basically Ernest Gets A Cutlass?

James

11 minutes ago, J.H. said:

So it's safe to say that if our boy Willie doesn't show up att the end of episode 5 then the odds of him appearing in episode 6 are kinda slim?
(Never thought I'd be referencing The Kingpin and the word slim in the sam sentence!)

James

Nah, I still think he’ll be in a post credits scene that’s attached to the finale. Sets up Echo’s show, and might tie into what I’m about to mention…

I also wouldn’t be shocked if a season two is confirmed. It’s not like Renner is doing a lot of high profile shit, and they can’t just sit on using Hailee for cameos and stuff (and I don’t see them doing a Kate Bishop solo show, but I’d be down for it).

15 minutes ago, J.H. said:

So basically Ernest Gets A Cutlass?

James

I don’t know what this means.

The bonding scene with Kat and Clint was nice. Even Jack with Kate's mom was rather cute. Its going to be sad when one or both turn out evil. Definitely wondering who Clint's wife is and what is up with the watch. It was nice to see Yelena though it will be even better when she has lines.

8 hours ago, Matt D said:

You weren’t feeling the Xmas party bonding? Or the awkward table talk?

The annoying, unfunny Larpers. Other than Kate Bishop, I'm not really feeling much of this show. Too many subplots and too many things going on to wrap up in just two episodes. 

Yelena going after Clint could've been its own miniseries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Yelena going after Clint could've been its own miniseries.

Or it could be Hawkeye Season 2 or a sub plot of Echo.

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Or it could be Hawkeye Season 2 or a sub plot of Echo.

It wouldn't make sense to make Echo about Yelena hunting Clint for misguided revenge. 

I'm so confused about the rolex watch. I assume it's related to Laura Barton and Clint wanting to protect his wife's identity as some sort of ex-spy/assassin/SHIELD agent/superhero, but why was it at the Avengers compound and why was the Tracksuit Mafia after it? Did she give it to Nick Fury as a parting gift and Nick Fury left it there in Age of Ultron?

12 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

It wouldn't make sense to make Echo about Yelena hunting Clint for misguided revenge. 

Just saying that there are avenues to tell the story or at least pieces of it outside of one single season of Hawkeye.  The drama between Yelena and Clint won't be resolved in the last two episodes of this season.  That's readily evident.

The question being where / when do you continue it?  A future movie?  Can we tolerate Jeremy Renner long enough to sit through Hawkeye Season 2, or do we want this to be like Unforgiven and have Clint hang up his bow now (I vote retire)?  Will Yelena get her own miniseries where she settles up with Clint or maybe betrays de Fontaine?   I guess we'll find out eventually.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I’m positive the Yelena thing will be wrapped up by the time the credits roll on the finale. If it’s not, then I suspect we’re getting S2 of Hawkeye. And I’m perfectly fine with more Renner as Clint Barton, as long as Hailee as Kate is involved. Their chemistry is pretty great on-screen, IMO.

I don’t know if I really need a season long arc of Yelena being mad at Hawkeye for false reasons. It’s something that can easily be solved in an episode or two, I think. But then again, where else are we going to get Yelena since I assume stuff like Young Avengers and Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers are a ways off.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 4

I think they're just going to wind up merging the characters of Laura Barton and Mockingbird. I don't imagine they'll make the Laura character into a former superspy or anything, but just that she was someone that worked at SHIELD and maybe had the codename of Mockingbird or whatever. I've seen theories of everything from Steve Rogers to Nick Fury to even the Commie Smasher Cap, but I think the Mockingbird one is the most likely. The Nick Fury theory might have legs too, though. Maybe it has info on it about SHIELD and the Avengers and potential candidates for the program that.... someone.... would want.

19 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah, they've leaned so far into it that it feels like it's a swerve and he's being set up by Eleanor/Kingpin.  

Either way I just hope he doesn't get offed and can pop up in future Hawkeye/Daredevil stuff

E:Also, dang Alaqua Cox is great for this being her first role.  She is just cool as hell.  I watched the first season of Fargo recently so it feels like we're in a golden age of ASL acting.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Yeah, they've leaned so far into it that it feels like it's a swerve and he's being set up by Eleanor/Kingpin.  

Either way I just hope he doesn't get offed and can pop up in future Hawkeye/Daredevil stuff

E:Also, dang Alaqua Cox is great for this being her first role.  She is just cool as hell.  I watched the first season of Fargo recently so it feels like we're in a golden age of ASL acting.

I feel the opposite way about Alaqua.  Has she done anything other than scowl?  The young girl that played Maya had way more expression.  I don't see anything that shows she can carry her own show.  Kaz is 10x more interesting.  Would make more sense for her to be a special guest in a Daredevil show or how she is in Hawkeye.  

In regards to Bishop I  prefer the more subdued Kate over the "15-year-old fangirl" Kate.  Her getting excited is fine, but it tends to cross over to annoying a little too often in my opinion.  

Excited about Yelena and the implications of the watch.  Oh, and this is just an idea, but I'm pretty sure Kate's mom got in touch with de Fontaine and that's why Yelena showed up when she did and shook her head at Kate.

My gut with the watch is that it’s tied to Steve Rogers, specifically somehow Old Man Cap. 

The pending Elenor/Jack reveal is starting to feel like it will be set up as the/a cliffhanger for season 2. 

It also feels like Echo will find out, during the finale, that Kazi killed her dad before Ronin showed up on Kingpin’s orders. She’ll storm off/disappear to set up the actual face turn in her own show.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:22 AM, odessasteps said:

Putting almost all the chess pieces in place ....

...except the K.....

I don’t think anyone mentioned it so I could have misheard it, but when Clint was talking to Laura on the phone, he referenced someone (Jack or the Tracksuits) working for “the big guy,” did he not?

This episode almost felt like one of those Walking Dead episodes where everything felt light and happy and then something shocking and horrible happened at the end.