DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

Episode 3. We see Maya/Echo as a kid. Maya's Dad said her Uncle will pick her up after her class, we only see his hand. Without showing him, I'm thinking that's Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin. This is my very first introduction to Maya/Echo. Until now, I've never come across her before. Maya's Dad is killed by Ronin. Half of the episode is made up of Clint and Kate escaping Echo's Tracksuit Mafia. Pym Particles arrow! Touching scene with Kate having to write down what Clint's Son is saying as his hearing aid is broken. Funny rib on Hawkeye's classic costume. Clint's caught by Jack and that's the ending. Best episode so far.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

I don't see it being Kingpin, I thkink if anything its going to be Swordsman just because he is already set-up as the bad guy here. I mean, if it is Kingpin I won't complain but these Marvel things are relatively Occam's Razoresque.

For the record, I hated all 4 Avengers movies and think the first 3 episodes of Hawkeye are better than any of them

James

33 minutes ago, J.H. said:

I don't see it being Kingpin, I thkink if anything its going to be Swordsman just because he is already set-up as the bad guy here. I mean, if it is Kingpin I won't complain but these Marvel things are relatively Occam's Razoresque.

For the record, I hated all 4 Avengers movies and think the first 3 episodes of Hawkeye are better than any of them

James

I agree about the Kingpin being a swerve. The judo scene was too cute. 

i like the idea of a pym particle arrow.

‘we also got the obligatory making fun of a costume scene.

Edited by odessasteps

I think it might be more Clint finally retires.  He went through too much in Endgame to kill him off, and it'd ultimately negate Natasha's sacrifice.

I am thinking that "Uncle" is just Jack, and they made it just ambigious enough to get the theorists to go "IT'S FISK" when it's really Jack.  

Double up that Clint said that there's someone above Echo and Kazi made it pretty clear that "Uncle" is directly paying attention to what the crew it doing.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, keith_h said:

Anyone else getting "cop with two weeks until retirement" vibes from Clint? I don't think he makes it out of the series alive. Would make sense if this is the passing of the torch. 

Call him Archduke Ferdinand because his death is about to cause some Circumstances.

I wonder when Florence Pugh shows up.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Matt D said:

1. Kingpin’s in this. Too many clues pointing that way. It’s too blatant. He might be a stinger but he’s in this.

2. Clint’s making it home for Xmas. They’re not disappointing that little boy.

But not for Boxing (arrow) Day 

Jack as Uncle makes more sense as a surprise within the show, while Kingpin is the Kang-at-the-end-Loki surprise that “makes sense” within the larger MCU.

Clint knows about Uncle, but it wasn’t made clear if he knows who Uncle actually is. If he does and it’s Jack, I’m guessing we’ll find out next week.

• Like 2

Being that they already changed how Echo's dad was killed in this, it feels like the producers' way of being able to pivot away from Kingpin in this story if they have to.  The scene in the dojo(and everything else in this show) really points to Fisk,but I refer to my earlier post about these shows never really going with the most sensible theory. With that said, I think we get Swordsman revealed as the boss here(even if he feels like a red herring himself), and then find out at the end that he wasn't really the boss.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

Being that they already changed how Echo's dad was killed in this, it feels like the producers' way of being able to pivot away from Kingpin in this story if they have to.  The scene in the dojo(and everything else in this show) really points to Fisk,but I refer to my earlier post about these shows never really going with the most sensible theory. With that said, I think we get Swordsman revealed as the boss here(even if he feels like a red herring himself), and then find out at the end that he wasn't really the boss.

maxresdefault.jpg

Can’t wait for them to reveal Mona was the boss during a finale post-credit scene.

• Like 2

It’s Kingpin, they’re setting it up for Echo’s solo series. He’ll probably be a reveal for the Hawkeye finale, while this series will get Echo halfway to being a “good guy”. Plus, who do you think bought Stark/Avengers Tower like they mentioned (and have previously in the movies)? Everyone always theorized Osborne or Reed Richards, but Fisk Tower is something I don’t think a lot of people thought of. Makes sense as to why the Tracksuits were looking to steal Avengers tech, specifically that came from the tower.

Jack & Eleanor will be the “villains” in this show, with Eleanor/Madame Masque being the real one and Jack/Swordsman being a fake out villain. She’ll probably kill him, I’d guess.

Jack being the guy they called Uncle doesn’t really make sense. Hawkeye has his story, Kate has hers, and they both come with their own baddies.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 5