DVDVR Message Board

HAWKEYE (SPOILER TALK).

The Natural

FCeSrrwXMA8uZ3D?format=jpg&name=medium

The show debuts next Wednesday. First Marvel Studios TV series on Disney+ to start with two episodes. The series consists of six episodes. My interest in this is low because of Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. I'm hoping the other things counteract that in Kate Bishop/Hawkeye played by Hailee Steinfeld, more of Yelena Belova/Black Widow as Florence Pugh stole the show in Black Widow (2021) and especially a certain rumour. I can see that as the cliffhanger for Ep2.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

• RIPPA pinned this topic
11 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I'm assuming it's... 

Reveal hidden contents

D'Onofrio back as Wilson Fisk

That's probably it since:

Spoiler

Fisk's adopted daughter and super assassin, Echo, is featured in Hawkeye and eventually will get her own spin-off.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 3:01 AM, The Natural said:

First Marvel Studios TV series on Disney+ to start with two episodes.

Just being a pedantic prick here, but Wandavision dropped its first two episodes in week 1.  And thank god for that, because episode 1 was such a going nowhere table-setter that gave no indication of what the series would be that people who didn't just go ahead and watch both might have been turned off.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

It's not, I can tell you that much.

Bugger.

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Just being a pedantic prick here, but Wandavision dropped its first two episodes in week 1.  And thank god for that, because episode 1 was such a going nowhere table-setter that gave no indication of what the series would be that people who didn't just go ahead and watch both might have been turned off.

Cool to be corrected, my friend.

• Like 1

Thus far, I think Hailee Steinfeld is the best part of the show. I've never been a fan of Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Just seems like he's being a deadbeat dad here and abandoning his kids for the holidays so he can mess around and play vigilante. Renner just has nothing in common with the character I grew up reading.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Thus far, I think Hailee Steinfeld is the best part of the show. I've never been a fan of Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Just seems like he's being a deadbeat dad here and abandoning his kids for the holidays so he can mess around and play vigilante. Renner just has nothing in common with the character I grew up reading.

I think that might be true for more than just Clint, esp among the big guns. Might also depend when people started reading. 

Episode 1 starts at the Battle of New York as a young Kate Bishop loses her Dad, she and her Mum survive. Clint's in NY with his kids. Kate finds out her Mum is engaged to someone she doesn't trust with good reason as he attends an auction of Ronin gear. Bishop wears the Robin gear to escape and saves pizza dog. Clint then saves Kate.

Episode 2. Clint to retrieve his stolen Ronin gear has to enter a RPG display group, he loses to get it back. He and Kate are captured by the tracksuit gang.

Funny how Clint Barton gets his own series, something prominent to do and he's overshadowed by the legacy character in Kate Bishop/Hawkeye played by Hailee Steinfeld. Steinfeld is the best thing about this show.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

I disagree, WandaVision - for my tastes - really sucked until the final few episodes. It’s still easily my least favorite show out of everything we’ve gotten so far.

I have to disagree. I really liked WandaVision for the different sitcom formats even though I hardly watch them, theorizing who was responsible for what was happening and what grief can do to you. I thought the final few episodes were a step down from the earlier ones. I have Loki as the best show. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier as my least favourite. I still have seven What If...? episodes to watch.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I have never read a single comic with Kayte Bishop. Not for any bias, just a matter of finances when she was introduced. So this is my first exposure to the character and I o far am enjoying it. The opening segnent hit kinda hard but I'm enjoying it thius far.

James

5 hours ago, Casey said:

I’m so curious as to why Echo is seemingly the boss of the Tracksuit Mafia or whatever. I wonder if Ronin killed her father instead of Kingpin like in the comics.

That's sort of my hunch right now and why I imagine she wanted Ronin. But not that Ronin killed him, she was manipulated into believing this. 

I don't know why she's moonlighting as a thug. In the comics she was like a performance artist.

Edited by TheVileOne

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

There are only six episodes right? Even at 50 minutes long, there’s a lot of ground left to cover. I liked it well enough. I’m used to Kate being a little more hard boiled and a little less dewy-eyed actually. 

Yes, six episodes.