DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 11/17/2021

I know people enjoy that match, but it was such a low-point for the foot-dragging on Hangman's push. If Hardy never gets that high on the card again, we're probably in good shape. I'm envious of the people who started watching well after the reheated Broken Matt stuff and once he'd found his level and can view it with fresh eyes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Total conjecture on my part, so no one take this as fact, but it would not surprise me if the original plan was for Hangman to feud with Brodie during that time. 

That would make sense (and oddly the Dark Order pivot to Hangman). Brodie-Page could have been real good. Page is a bona fide babyface - I think in some ways a modern day Magnum TA minus the cheesecake stuff. Magum-Tully and Magnum-Nikita were two great feuds

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Me n my son are in line and there are A LOT of people here.

Represent us 804 homies, man.  I will be watching at home with everyone else, provided that the prescription Ibuprofen I've been taking for this fucking migraine doesn't put me into a coma.

I had every intention of heading down to Norfolk after getting off of night duty this morning and catching a recovery nap, but my body clock is too shredded.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

I like that AEW is going to old school arenas like the Scope in Norfolk. They ran not the new Coliseum in downtown Charlotte (WWE runs there all the time) but went out to the old Coliseum on Independence where JCP ran in the 70s and 80s; the same place that Flair beat Vader at Starrcade when the rough blew off the place. 

Not many left that modern enough but have that old school charm. But the history at the Scope is long as well as the bars in Va Beach

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Represent us 804 homies, man.  I will be watching at home with everyone else, provided that the prescription Ibuprofen I've been taking for this fucking migraine doesn't put me into a coma.

I had every intention of heading down to Norfolk after getting off of night duty this morning and catching a recovery nap, but my body clock is too shredded.

None of that 757 - the real old school 804

• Like 1

The RVA Coliseum is condemned.  The biggest indoor arena venue here in the RVA is the Siegel Center at VCU.   RoH has run a few shows there, but I don't think it's big enough to attract a major fed.  Norfolk or Charlottesville is probably as close as AEW will get to us.

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Do you know where your seats are?  I hope they are not nosebleeds.

Its where the Monarchs play.  Its bigger than the Seigel center but there aren't any nosebleed seats.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The RVA Coliseum is condemned.  The biggest indoor arena venue here in the RVA is the Siegel Center at VCU.   RoH has run a few shows there, but I don't think it's big enough to attract a major fed.  Norfolk or Charlottesville is probably as close as AEW will get to us.

TNA ran a house show there (the Siegel Center) in September of 06 but never went back.

my favorite part of this thread has been DEAN~! letting us know what's on the preshow playlist.  honestly, even after i watch the show (tomorrow! i'm not live posting!!) this will be my highlight

unrelated, but i now have a hankering for southern rock.

• Like 8