DVDVR Message Board

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME - 12/15/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I watched this last night. I do agree that there isn't much left to say in terms of Holland's Spidey as a character, but there's still stories to tell I think. And not just the obvious lingering one like the symbiote being left behind. There's also a lot still to tell for Andrew's Spidey if Sony wants to do that (which I think they should now that it's clear their movies exist within the MCU, but in a separate universe). Tobey's Spidey could go either way, honestly.

I like the idea of another Holland trilogy where he's alone in the world, just fighting crime and struggling to come to terms with the decision he made at the end of No Way Home. Eventually ending with MJ and Peter together, happy, and Ned turning into the Hobgoblin or something since it's pretty much fate for every Spider-Man that he'll fall in love with either MJ or Gwen, and his best friend usually turns into a supervillain.

If that was the end - I'm fine with it. If it's not, I'm fine with that too. But it's not going to be the end, because these movies make too much money. And I still need to see Ms. Marvel & Spider-Man interact on-screen. Then, and only then, can this character be done in the MCU.

• Like 1

The new Batman movie showed there hasn't been anything new to say about Batman in 25 years, yet there's been 6 more live action movies with him, so idk why y'all are worried about there being no more Spider-Man movies.

• Like 2

I just saw this with my daughter and wow, it was a bit heavier hitting than I had anticipated, but really, really enjoyable.

Andrew Garfield was the MVP of the movie for me....that gut punch of catharsis when he saved MJ was something else and definitely a reaction I haven't had watching a movie in a long time.

• Like 4

On 3/17/2022 at 9:31 AM, Casey said:

I watched this last night. I do agree that there isn't much left to say in terms of Holland's Spidey as a character, but there's still stories to tell I think. And not just the obvious lingering one like the symbiote being left behind. There's also a lot still to tell for Andrew's Spidey if Sony wants to do that (which I think they should now that it's clear their movies exist within the MCU, but in a separate universe). Tobey's Spidey could go either way, honestly.

I like the idea of another Holland trilogy where he's alone in the world, just fighting crime and struggling to come to terms with the decision he made at the end of No Way Home. Eventually ending with MJ and Peter together, happy, and Ned turning into the Hobgoblin or something since it's pretty much fate for every Spider-Man that he'll fall in love with either MJ or Gwen, and his best friend usually turns into a supervillain.

If that was the end - I'm fine with it. If it's not, I'm fine with that too. But it's not going to be the end, because these movies make too much money. And I still need to see Ms. Marvel & Spider-Man interact on-screen. Then, and only then, can this character be done in the MCU.

And yet they're making solo movies for Kraven, Morbius, and f'n Madame Web. This chick. How about a Gateway movie too?

_madameweb_card.jpg

22 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

And yet they're making solo movies for Kraven, Morbius, and f'n Madame Web. This chick. How about a Gateway movie too?

_madameweb_card.jpg

Isn't it going to be the other Madame Web aka Julia Carpenter? Unless they are a movie based around that Spider Man vs Juggernaut story she was in? ?

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Isn't it going to be the other Madame Web aka Julia Carpenter? Unless they are a movie based around that Spider Man vs Juggernaut story she was in? ?

Which doesn't make it any less silly.

• 3 weeks later...

As happy as I am that Charlie Cox will get to continue in Daredevil, his appearance in this movie was utterly nonsensical and completely pointless. Really, all the legal stuff in the first act is forgotten and totally immaterial in the last two acts.

This script was a total train wreck.

And I have no clue how a director as visually incompetent as Watts gets to keep making these movies.

Bits with Tobey and Andrew were fun, though. *shrug*

Not really sure why anyone would pay to see jabronie Dr. Strange’s movie after this, though. If I was booking the MCU, he’d have to leave the territory.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

finally got to see this one- catching up for Dr. Strange 2 obviously. damn, what a good movie. Tobey being back is everything. Tom Holland is awesome, but Tobey will always be my Spidey. wish we would've gotten a Kirsten Dunst appearance as well. loved the Matt Murdock cameo, even if, like @EVApointed out, it was rather meaningless. 

• Like 1

FRiyK5FVUAA_Q31?format=jpg&name=small

Spider-Man: Home Trilogy. One of the only great comic book trilogies across all three films like Captain America and The Dark Knight Trilogy. The Dark Knight Trilogy has the best two films: The Dark Knight and Batman Begins. Jon Watts' Spider-Man Trilogy is the only one where the third film is the best. There's an argument for Captain America's.

The Dark Knight Trilogy:

3. The Dark Knight Rises (2012).

2. Batman Begins (2005).

1. The Dark Knight (2008).

Captain America Trilogy:

3. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011).

2. Captain America: Civil War (2016).

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).

Spider-Man Home Trilogy:

3. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019).

2. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017).

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021).

Edited by The Natural

forgot to mention this:

while watching the movie, at some scene late in the movie where all 3 Peter Parkers are on screen, my wife legit asks "hey, didn't one of those guys play Spider-Man in a different movie?" she was completely serious. 

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...